Hardships

End up in a facility you don’t want to be in right out of the academy? The first week you get either you or your spouse to go to a doctor and complain about allergies, 3 months later again, 3 months later again, etc. do this until you check out. As CPC produce all evidence that you have been seeking treatment for regional allergies since you moved there and BOOM, time to enjoy your free transfer to P50 and D01 with all the other scammers. I’m not knocking it. If FAA just let you pick 3 regions or facilities you actually want to live or work at then the workforce wouldn’t have to scam the hardships, and the NCEPT page wouldn’t be full of complainers ever 3 months. Easy solution because my bet is majority of NCEPT are the younger work force that didn’t have a say in region where they currently work.
You don’t have to wait to cpc you can do this as an AG

End up in a facility you don’t want to be in right out of the academy? The first week you get either you or your spouse to go to a doctor and complain about allergies, 3 months later again, 3 months later again, etc. do this until you check out. As CPC produce all evidence that you have been seeking treatment for regional allergies since you moved there and BOOM, time to enjoy your free transfer to P50 and D01 with all the other scammers. I’m not knocking it. If FAA just let you pick 3 regions or facilities you actually want to live or work at then the workforce wouldn’t have to scam the hardships, and the NCEPT page wouldn’t be full of complainers ever 3 months. Easy solution because my bet is majority of NCEPT are the younger work force that didn’t have a say in region where they currently work.
It's really not this simple or easy anymore. You can't just say "I have allergies here and my doctor said I wouldn't in Denver". They're cracking down on those and not letting people choose exactly where. Now you have to provide exactly what type of pollen or tree you're allergic to along with a wide ranging list of all the regions in the country that doesn't exist in, and the FAA decides where they need you within those regions.

If FAA just let you pick 3 regions or facilities you actually want to live or work at then the workforce wouldn’t have to scam the hardships, and the NCEPT page wouldn’t be full of complainers ever 3 months. Easy solution because my bet is majority of NCEPT are the younger work force that didn’t have a say in region where they currently work.
To add to this point you're obviously still going to get people unhappy with their location but at least the odds are they're closer to home and able to handle situations easier. If you put someone 16 hours or more away from their family and something comes up they're playing with fire that the employee has no choice but to have to attempt a hardship. If they're only 3 hours away, it's easier to manage a family problem. I'm not saying every new hire that's from Atlanta should be granted A80 as their first facility but for crying out loud... Sending them to Bismark or Roswell isn't doing them any favors if they requested the south east region.

Does anyone have a template for getting a doctors letter? I’m trying to put together my hardship packet but my mothers doctor is giving me a hard time. Thanks!

Does anyone have a template for getting a doctors letter? I’m trying to put together my hardship packet but my mothers doctor is giving me a hard time. Thanks!
Write the letter for your doctor including the verbiage that meets what you are trying to accomplish so all they have to do is sign it, write something convincing, bring in a paper copy and say "This is what my work needs in order to get me to a place where my allergies arent so bad" , or give it to your spouse, dependant child or parent and say "This is what I need to get my kid home to help me during my severe health issue" and "Could you use this as a template as they want these specific words in there in order for it to go through".

Dear sir or maam,

Mr/Mrs. (Smith) current diagnosis of several allergies requires that he or she moves to a region that has previously been proven to abate the symptoms of (XYZ). This is to (improve the health/ receive health services of...).

Mrs. Smith diagnosis of end stage renal failure/stage 4 cancer/sudden severe mental retardation is now requiring a full time care taker that is someone familiar Mrs. Smith and her condition. I am recommending that her son Mr. Clean1 or his wife relocate to (City, State) to become her primary caregiver as her condition will only worsten and require further care.

Signed,
Dr. Sharkbait

How does FAA determine if a hardship is bonafide/"real" or not? do they have medical experts on board? Call around and probe? Hire investigators? Or spin a wheel?

How does FAA determine if a hardship is bonafide/"real" or not? do they have medical experts on board? Call around and probe? Hire investigators? Or spin a wheel?
It’s Honestly just your documentation. You’re proving that you’re the only person that can take care of someone or that you can only receive the appropriate medical only if you’re at x location

My philosophy that got mine approved was to give them so much documentation and history on the medical condition that they would not want to look through it all because it was so much. I have seen other packages that didn’t have nearly as much get approved but at least it’s an avenue you can take.

They review your nepotism and NATCA connection rating. If you score above a 7 out of 10, it’s approved.
Funny because my ARVP called me and told me basically he thought it was a scam and wouldn’t get approved. Until they got the package with 90 pages of medical documentation and written opinions from doctors both in my area and in my prospective new area. He signed off on it right along with the FAA management who approved it.

Funny because my ARVP called me and told me basically he thought it was a scam and wouldn’t get approved. Until they got the package with 90 pages of medical documentation and written opinions from doctors both in my area and in my prospective new area. He signed off on it right along with the FAA management who approved it.
What year was this?

Hardships are a scam. This is empirically true. Any serious discussion on "what they'll approve" is pissing into the wind. Do they like you? Do you have favorable union connections? That's pretty much it. Everything else can be tweaked in the paperwork IAW w the ambiguous CBA article and properly Dr. Shopped. This obviously goes without saying but it seems necessary to anyway:

No one hardships to undesirable facilities.

How many people have you heard say something like "well I dont wanna put in for a hardship, cuz then they might send me to _____ !"

Golden Ticket Win GIF by Showtime

Back
Top Bottom