Leaving NATCA outside January

To be fair I think some were doing it solely for NCEPT. It's also telling at how screwed up things got for reps to be taking PAC contributions into consideration for selections.
If this is true, I hope it‘s not and want to doubt it, it’s extraordinary, wrong on many levels, and has to be fucking buried ASAP

If this is true, I hope it‘s not and want to doubt it, it’s extraordinary, wrong on many levels, and has to be fucking buried ASAP
Oh it’s true. Was on a FacRep call when mentioned. Was in reference to high level facilities complaining about the only people on their list being low level. “Don’t just look at the level they are at. Consider their pac contribution!”

I think you mean consider their resume and references…..

Unfortunately it is true. With my in own ears I was told a certain facility in South FL was told they should rank by those donating to the PAC first, then the other BUEs, and non BUEs.
Raw, rotten corruption. Anybody with direct/provable evidence of this has to hammer on it. Am I overreacting to this? Just seems unbelievable

i mean if only you could establish a pattern. Oh wait. Everyone who donates to a PAC is public knowledge. And then everyone who gets ranked is FOIA’d…

You’d think the faa would just tell them to pound sand when they are ranking level 4s ahead of a level 12 applying to a high level tracion

Yah but I know it’s happening. I was on the calls, I don’t need to get proof lol. Plus I have the luxury of being where I want to retire ?.
Just like everything else in life. The people who are comfy won't go out of their way to fight for something even they know is wrong..

To be fair I think some were doing it solely for NCEPT. It's also telling at how screwed up things got for reps to be taking PAC contributions into consideration for selections.

My argument to this is if you have a bunch of 5s, 6s, and 7s applying to the same facility. How do you actually differentiate who is worth picking up. If they contribute to the PAC then you at least know they're somewhat pro-union and might help out.

Last edited:
My argument to this is if you have a bunch of 5s, 6s, and 7s applying to the same facility. How do you actually differentiate who is worth picking up. If they contribute to the PAC then you at least know they're somewhat pro-union and might help out.

I don't care either way though.
PAC contributions should never be a basis for promotion. If people want to give to the PAC sure, but this is serious allegations. Like lose your job and jail time.

Just like everything else in life. The people who are comfy won't go out of their way to fight for something even they know is wrong..
I am very vocal about my dislike of NCEPT and the staffing criteria that seem arbitrary, but much like everyone else we don’t really have a voice. They like to say we do, but it’s the select few that run this shit. I was screwed over quite a few times trying to move during NCEPT due to people applying and then turning down jobs so I definitely don’t love it.

Someone else posted a way for you to try and investigate, let me know what you find out! If you want to write something for the next convention saying we will visit getting rid of NCEPT etc I’ll happily support it. And help you write it and campaign for it.

If you are a CPC who has never been involved in Natca locally or nationally good luck trying to affect any change.

Nor does being anti union. No info is known about most applicants other than maybe some word of mouth. Even then,.you can be a superstar at your level 5 and still wash elsewhere.
That's true, but it doesn't change that PAC contributions should never be a basis for promotion. Monetary contributions anywhere should not be a basis for promotion. If I have a rich family and can easily donate to the PAC while the guy next to me is a 10x better controller (He's not. I'm the best controller in the FAA obviously) but he has student debt and prioritizes paying that off there is no reason I should be ranked higher. All that does is reward those already better off.

NCEPT is trash but let’s not forget the FAA literally questions what state you’d like to be in during hiring process. Once you pass academy you pick from facilities nowhere near those states. Then get stuck at LVL 4 or 5 for 8yrs and watch multiple academy grads and prior experience get the state you want. My opinion it starts drastically with the hiring process and placements and that’s what has made NCEPT so bad….

How does ones ability to donate to the PAC tell us about their ability to control? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the goal of ncept to improve facility staffing not increase the NATCA PAC fund.

Back
Top Bottom