LOUD NOISES

Another "Attitude" post.

Again:

Everyone is saying "You're missing the point about training and attitude" is missing my point. My original comment was about improving the system and how people should work to fix their situations instead of doing nothing. I pointed out that someone was arguing FOR a point I made, he got salty and made a jab at me and I made one back. Now everyone is making it about "attitude".

Except you missed the point about where I just don't care about your point.

What kind of person I am doesn't matter in this discussion- like I said originally- it was a comment on how people don't like uncertainty in their lives. And like I said before- I don't care which trainee I am. I don't suck up. I do the job, and if people don't like my personality that's fine. I don't expect everyone to like me.

"system can be improved, but that doesn't mean it will be. "
So work to improve the system? Close to half the topics on P65 are people complaining about NATCA or the FAA or the Government or how they have a bad work schedule. Almost none of them talk about steps they've taken to address the issues they have. Like I said before- if you don't work for the solution you are part of the problem.

That's great advice. Thanks! Like I said, I never mentioned anything about training. Everyone tries to make it about training but I haven't mentioned it once in my initial argument- try actually responding to what I originally wrote instead of making it about inexperience. Everything else is tangential.

"It's almost as if people don't want uncertainty in their future. "

TLDR "What you said was right but I'm not going to admit it"

TL;DR EDIT: Everyone is saying "You're missing the point about training and attitude" is missing my point. My original comment was about improving the system and how people should work to fix their situations instead of doing nothing. I pointed out that someone was arguing FOR a point I made, he got salty and made a jab at me and I made one back. Now everyone is making it about "attitude".

Good luck.

I'm really happy that we were able to come to terms and end this on a happy note guys, it's important that the community sticks together like this.

The reality is that if you think people on here don't care or obtuse, wait until you really deal with the FAA. That's why you get such pushback. Everyone knows the system is broken, the difference is we all have dealt with it for so much longer in so many more ways. It's not that were not trying to fix things, it's that we understand there's things we can fix and things we can't. Complaining about uncertainty in the hiring process is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere.

Also the whole I don't suck up I do the job thing is fine, but guess what? You can't do the job. Unless people train you. No matter how good you can be, you're going to suck big balls and have horrible sessions for a while. You're not going to do the job well unless you have an effective training team. If they hate you, they're not going to want to work with you for 20+ years, so hate it or love it they're not going to help you.

One parting thought - this is basically like a venting thread for actual controllers, which you aren't. I'm sure that'ss a big reason why nobody gives a shit about new hire posts on it. If you want to gripe about what the process is like and have people care, I bet the hiring threads would rally around you and you can all band together to change nothing
I think this like the second maybe third time I’ve agreed with you ?

I did not think my hating on the new hire threads would lead to this one bursting with laughter and entertainment. You’re welcome ❤
Here I was after all these years think your recent saltiness was just a product of quarantine ?

I'm really happy that we were able to come to terms and end this on a happy note guys, it's important that the community sticks together like this.
Looks like working to improve the system works! We did it

Wait until you have 18 or 20 years of Federal service under your belt and see how you feel about working to change/improve the system. Fed.gov and all of its agencies are behemoths of bureaucracy. Even those select few with pure and noble ideals who become management in an effort to change it can't succeed. They are met with threats and intimidation, quickly succumbing to the pressure, acquiescing and being welcomed into the machine. This machine tells them what to dream, not to dream for themselves or others. Unfortunately, no one can be told how it is. You'll have to see it for yourself.

I’ll offer some unity: I don’t care about the complaints of anyone regardless of their training status or time in service. All of you are equally worthless.

I do my eight, head to the gate, and turn my phone on silence - well, except during this recall thing. Apparently not calling back is frowned upon just like George shouldn’t have sex with his secretary on his desk.

Wait until you have 18 or 20 years of Federal service under your belt and see how you feel about working to change/improve the system. Fed.gov and all of its agencies are behemoths of bureaucracy. Even those select few with pure and noble ideals who become management in an effort to change it can't succeed. They are met with threats and intimidation, quickly succumbing to the pressure, acquiescing and being welcomed into the machine. This machine tells them what to dream, not to dream for themselves or others. Unfortunately, no one can be told how it is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Unfortunately this is 100% true, and then the people who are truly talented and motivated get frustrated and leave government service the first day they are eligible for a pension or partial pension and go make huge money and waves in the private sector or as contractors. So 99% of the time when you see in a resume or bio "25+ years of federal service" it means that person sucks, and the more years the bigger they suck typically, just look at Dr. Fauci.

Unfortunately this is 100% true, and then the people who are truly talented and motivated get frustrated and leave government service the first day they are eligible for a pension or partial pension and go make huge money and waves in the private sector or as contractors. So 99% of the time when you see in a resume or bio "25+ years of federal service" it means that person sucks, and the more years the bigger they suck typically, just look at Dr. Fauci.
Ahhh you had to make it a partisan issue- what's your gripe with him? This has become the new shitposting thread so let's fling shit

Back
Top Bottom