LOUD NOISES

Ahhh you had to make it a partisan issue- what's your gripe with him? This has become the new shitposting thread so let's fling shit
He can't think out of the box or about the big picture, wants to keep ridiculous restrictions on the economy indefinitely. Only thinking of the virus and it's .1% death rate as antibody tests are showing, ignoring how many people will die due to the offshoot being scared to get common medical treatments done, putting off preventive care visits, elective surgery etc..... Also ignoring the suicide rate that balloons with higher unemployment and the numbers of families that will be ruined by people becoming raging alcoholics, apathetic weed smokers, wife or kid beaters, etc..... as a result of sitting home for months.

Also I don't know much about it but I hear he was one of the lead F-ups in San Francisco in the early 90's dealing with the AIDS outbreak there. That would make perfect since though, it is marginal people who usually stay in government service for 40 years into their 70's as there were no standards and in the second half of their career they never really had to do much, or thought they would ever have to work hard again.

He can't think out of the box or about the big picture, wants to keep ridiculous restrictions on the economy indefinitely. Only thinking of the virus and it's .1% death rate as antibody tests are showing, ignoring how many people will die due to the offshoot being scared to get common medical treatments done, putting off preventive care visits, elective surgery etc..... Also ignoring the suicide rate that balloons with higher unemployment and the numbers of families that will be ruined by people becoming raging alcoholics, apathetic weed smokers, wife or kid beaters, etc..... as a result of sitting home for months.

Also I don't know much about it but I hear he was one of the lead F-ups in San Francisco in the early 90's dealing with the AIDS outbreak there. That would make perfect since though, it is marginal people who usually stay in government service for 40 years into their 70's as there were no standards and in the second half of their career they never really had to do much, or thought they would ever have to work hard again.
Interesting. Why didn't the Trump administration remove him if he's so inept? They pretty much cleaned house for government positions when he got elected didn't they?

Getting back on the original topic, I really lol’d reading over one of the hiring threads today. People kept asking about updates on the ATSA, then since parts of the country are starting to reopen, they started letting people schedule them. Now they’re all bitching that they have to drive if they wanna take the test. I threw a little troll bone in and immediately go a “you know nothing about my life!” comment. Gold.

I’ve got a question, if we’re all going to assume that SIXTY-NINE has a terrible attitude because they’re arguing in a public Internet forum, am I to assume that the attitude everyone presents here is what you do for real-life success? Do I have to start acting like an out-of-touch, whiny asshole to get anywhere?

That was me, years back. Now new hires trying to figure out some unknown algorithm to try and determine what their list of facilities might look like.

It’s just like, MF’er the FAA don’t even know where you belong, how’re you going to get lucky enough in thinking your options include level 10’s and above? Get your ass sent to Shreveport and only certify because they’ve yet to release a single controller under NCEPT and need your warm body to fill their potential replacement.

Biographical Questionnaire responses were my favorite. “Be warned, there’s an FAA mole scouring these forums” ??
I’m a prior experience guy and I agree with you. I’m annoyed with how entitled some of the people are

I’ve got a question, if we’re all going to assume that SIXTY-NINE has a terrible attitude because they’re arguing in a public Internet forum, am I to assume that the attitude everyone presents here is what you do for real-life success? Do I have to start acting like an out-of-touch, whiny asshole to get anywhere?
Squeaky wheel gets the grease the saying goes. And I’ve seen it hard at work in the FAA!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease the saying goes. And I’ve seen it hard at work in the FAA!
Well then everyone should know I have a IQ of 347, and I can’t believe how poorly I’ve been treated by this public hiring process that can’t accommodate how quickly I deserve this position. I’ve got a PhD in plane-ology and I could control circles around anyone probably

Seems to be true from what I've seen in this thread alone. Too bad I'll squeak until people can't stand it. And guess what? I won't get banned because FightingIrish2012 and PushingTin haven't been banned either!

Remember the Biographical Assessment?

Guess what would have happened if no one filed that lawsuit against the FAA because the Bio-Q was flawed? We'd still be using it today.

Guess what would have happened if I posted something saying that it is flawed? They'd likely say "it's an attitude problem" and "You won't cert if you keep complaining, fall in line". People saying "There's nothing you can do!" and "The system moves so slowly, you just haven't experienced it!" have clearly not done enough to improve it. No one looks back and says "Wait that shit wasn't right, we should fix it for the future ATCs".

As the phrase goes, "One generation plants the seeds; another gets the shade".

EDIT: I am incorrect on the BQ being forced to change by the lawsuit. However, someone in the FAA had to have stopped and thought "Hey there's something wrong with this test because so many people are failing it". The system was improved in the end with the ATSAT and the ATSA today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe redirect your energy towards certification and then you can worry about the birds, bees and planting those sees for shade.
"Sounds like an attitude problem" and "you just haven't experienced it" but longer

"Sounds like an attitude problem" and "you just haven't experienced it" but longer

It's more like you still have work to do to make sure you can see that wonderful field of shade you dream of but it's your career, you do whatever it can stand.

It's more like you still have work to do to make sure you can see that wonderful field of shade you dream of but it's your career, you do whatever it can stand.
Another longer way of saying "you just haven't experienced it", please come up with something more original lol

I’m a prior experience guy and I agree with you. I’m annoyed with how entitled some of the people are
Just a theory on why new OTS applicants seem to be getting increasingly entitled/whiny about the hiring process, it could simply have to do with where the pool of applicants is sourcing from. Just a few years ago, finding out about this career was almost exclusively via word of mouth. People had a friend/family member etc. already in the agency who would tell them about it. In talking with the people they knew who were already doing the job, those new applicants at least had a ballpark idea of what ATC was, how going through the Federal hiring process worked, etc.

What I saw at the Academy last year though is that a huge portion (if not the majority) of applicants nowadays find out about the job randomly online. They stumble on a Reddit post, or some ad on Facebook or something. All they see is “no college degree needed” and “six-figure salary” and they immediately throw an application together, oftentimes with little to no clue what they’re really even applying for. Then they get super annoyed/bitchy if an HR rep doesn’t reply to their email in 5 minutes, or if they have to travel more than 30 mins for a pre employment test or something. They just don’t understand this isn’t the same as applying for a greeter job at Walmart.

You can squeak as loud as you want but it's kinda hard to keep squeaking if you're not certified. You might not like the end result of people not being able to stand it any longer.
Thanks buddy, your advice to not criticize the flaws in the system are really helpful

Thanks buddy, your advice to not criticize the flaws in the system are really helpful

Oh, no. The pleasure is all on this side. Thank you for sharing your strategy. I never considered annoying the shit out of my trainers until they couldn't stand to hear my voice anymore. It's an interesting strategy...definitely an outside of the box thinker.

Oh, no. The pleasure is all on this side. Thank you for sharing your strategy. I never considered annoying the shit out of my trainers until they couldn't stand to hear my voice anymore. It's an interesting strategy...definitely an outside of the box thinker.
Who said I was annoying my trainers? Really hope you live a long and happy life in the system you've apathetically kept yourself in! Hopefully I certify so I can improve it for you!

Did I ever say I was entitled to anything? What exactly am I entitled to? Wanting to improve the system?

Back
Top Bottom