May (Q2) 2021

“Gaining facility must be below 85% AOB and projected national averages”

The plural in “averages” has me confused. We talking projected national average (currently 91.04%) right? The amount of rocket science involved with all this and the wording, just to be incorrect at the end of it all, is mind numbing.

“Gaining facility must be below 85% AOB and projected national averages”

The plural in “averages” has me confused. We talking projected national average (currently 91.04%) right? The amount of rocket science involved with all this and the wording, just to be incorrect at the end of it all, is mind numbing.
I agree my friend. My take is that the receiving facility has to fall within both parameters (below the 85% and projected national average) to be eligible.

Can’t for the life of me figure out why they even came out with a second round at this point either. What facilities above 105% are going to be releasing that many? 9/10 of those are at that point because no one wants to leave.

Either way, good luck to everyone.

I agree my friend. My take is that the receiving facility has to fall within both parameters (below the 85% and projected national average) to be eligible.

Can’t for the life of me figure out why they even came out with a second round at this point either. What facilities above 105% are going to be releasing that many? 9/10 of those are at that point because no one wants to leave.

Current National Average: 80.15%
Projected National Average: 91.04%
Gaining Facility: Must be below 85% and (somehow) below the above criteria.

Jesus Christ. Should I just list the places I have in for and see if I just wasted people’s time with emails and texts? Why even include “85%”, given the current average is 80.15%? You win NCEPT. I’m just flat-out stupid at this point.

You know what, where’s @MNSsalty at? He wanted to prove last year how dumb I am, well here I am admitting to it. You win as well.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ. Should I just list the places I have in for and see if I just wasted people’s time with emails and texts? Why even include “85%”, given the current average is 80.15%? You win NCEPT. I’m just flat-out stupid at this point.

You know what, where’s @MNSsalty at? He wanted to prove last year how dumb I am, well here I am admitting to it. You win as well.
Lmao feels bad bro. My facility is just under national average but I guess I can’t go to a short staffed facility even though my facility numbers are grossly overstated

Based on the March ppt assuming the same numbers, Round 2 will allow releases from 3 facilities that otherwise don't have the numbers to release. CNO, PIE, and PNL as their current cpc staffing is above the national average but below 85% and they have projected staffing above 105%. Other than that it seems round 2 is pretty pointless

It’s a real knife fight out there

L30, SCT, NCT, SDF, ORF, A80, STL, BOS, C90, TEB, JFK, ANC, ORD, SDF, ICT
I guess these are the only facilities able to select on this upcoming panel. What a joke.

Anyone below projected national avg can select in round 2 but only way fat places (105%) can release in round 2
Yeah, but for the first round, eligible facilities to gain controllers have to be below 85%, as well as projected below national average (currently 91.04%).

ZDV staffing is currently below 85% and projected below 91.04%, which should allow them to select a body or two, right?

Yeah, but for the first round, eligible facilities to gain controllers have to be below 85%, as well as projected below national average (currently 91.04%).

ZDV staffing is currently below 85% and projected below 91.04%, which should allow them to select a body or two, right?
I used 85% for projection when I came up with my list... is it projected national average not >85% projected.

Based on the March ppt assuming the same numbers, Round 2 will allow releases from 3 facilities that otherwise don't have the numbers to release. CNO, PIE, and PNL as their current cpc staffing is above the national average but below 85% and they have projected staffing above 105%. Other than that it seems round 2 is pretty pointless

So the national average for the current CPC column and the projected column are different or it’s the same?

This is likely correct unless they receive academy grads before 5/5. Which is probable.

Last edited:
So the national average for the current CPC column and the projected column are different or it’s the same?
Current national and projected averages are different. They change monthly once the new calculations are done. The only variable that remains the same with all this is the 85% that is (and has for years now) been used.

I interrupted the first round draft as this:
- Is your facility, at a minimum, staffed currently at 85%?
If “yes”, your facility can release.

- 1. Is the facility you’re trying to ERR to below 85%?
2. Is the facility also below the projected national average (91.04% as of now; this number fluctuates every month)?
3. Is the facility controller/trainee ratio below 30%?
If all three are “yes”, then this facility can accept people with ERR’s.

Round 2 makes no sense to me at the moment, so I’m going to idiotically ignore it and hope I’m correct with all my guesswork.

Also something to account for is the new training data (yearly) will be implemented soon. If it’s done before the 5/5 run it’ll throw the projecteds around and also move the projected national average.

Back
Top Bottom