N90 CPC bid

Curious, ridiculous as in easy or crazy hard? Not sure how true it is but when I was at the Academy a few years back heard that the tower course simulated level 6 VFR traffic and the center course level 10 enroute traffic. Could be a complete urban legend though and definitely didn't fact check any of those claims. Was curious if TETRA was designed to act as a screen and would have an even higher failure rate than the tower/center courses. Sort of like how some of the military's "assessment and selection" courses only have a 20%-30% pass rate. Mere curiosity at this point.

I'm not sure the tower is Level 6. It's quite a bit more than a level 6 in my opinion.

@KevH
Difficult. Third hand info, but the word I got is the CPCs who were the control group (A80/N90/C90 etc) said it was unnecessarily difficult.

@KevH
Difficult. Third hand info, but the word I got is the CPCs who were the control group (A80/N90/C90 etc) said it was unnecessarily difficult.
Looks like you just turned everyone away from N90. Gotta go in with the mindset that it’s gonna be hard though. It definitely isn’t gonna be easy.

Anybody heard anything yet? Are they going to add more TETRA classes? I heard there’s one starting soon or going through it right now? Still a long wait for us I guess...

There are classes in April being filled. I don’t know if they are mixing new hires with transfers though.

There are classes in April being filled. I don’t know if they are mixing new hires with transfers though.
Do you know that there is people actually in the class? I know on Faa academy website they show classes scheduled but idk any one in them .

They were off the first N90 bid
I think it’s odd what the agency is doing here. I’m on the previous bid, December pickup date and not assigned to TETRA. Not sure how they’re determining who goes where from that bid. Seems like the new bid has that nailed down with the flowchart now attached to it.

About how long after submission has it been taking guys to get picked up on this? And then how long until you get a TSEW date?

Back
Top Bottom