New time off between shifts mandate. Big change

If there aren’t enough total bodies, you have to triage. Where do you put the ones you have - Z’s, core 30 towers and upper level Tracons? Or is it better to staff moline and Bismarck and Tucson tower?

If there’s not enough controllers to go around, let the lower level places bleed a bit. They always manage to make it work. If they can’t, start cutting back hours and services at low level places, let the staffing dictate hours like every other business
Low level places have been bleeding for years. Should have been dead by now. No curtailment of services or hours.

If there aren’t enough total bodies, you have to triage. Where do you put the ones you have - Z’s, core 30 towers and upper level Tracons? Or is it better to staff moline and Bismarck and Tucson tower?

If there’s not enough controllers to go around, let the lower level places bleed a bit. They always manage to make it work. If they can’t, start cutting back hours and services at low level places, let the staffing dictate hours like every other business
They will not think about curtailing services or reducing operating hours. Use 6 day work weeks and piss everyone off and then take sick hits and end up having to reduce the level of service provided by have the Z take over the approach control. That’s going to happen more often I foresee or the Sups work it and try to stay above water.

I know how the article works. Consider the context of how I spoke of people moving up to high level facilities (that means 10-12’s per the article). “Riding the article 124 train to retirement” meant after 15 years at your 10-12, going to a lower level facility and coasting one’s last few years.

The fact that I really had to spell this out for you is a joke.
All those years of “moving up” that you want people doing don’t count towards a124, neither do the 2-3 years of training. How many years of good time do you think people are getting?

All those years of “moving up” that you want people doing don’t count towards a124, neither do the 2-3 years of training. How many years of good time do you think people are getting?
How long do you think it would take to move up if we actually staffed like this? Also most of us probably either won’t be eligible to retire at 20 or won’t be able to afford to which would make most of us part of a 25 year term. At very worst, that’s a 10 year window to get to a 10-12 and a lot have been jumping straight up to them these days.

I never said the years you spend moving up are counted toward article 124. As a matter of fact I explained that in my very comment that you just quoted ya dingus.

How long do you think it would take to move up if we actually staffed like this? Also most of us probably either won’t be eligible to retire at 20 or won’t be able to afford to which would make most of us part of a 25 year term. At very worst, that’s a 10 year window to get to a 10-12 and a lot have been jumping straight up to them these days.

I never said the years you spend moving up are counted toward article 124. As a matter of fact I explained that in my very comment that you just quoted ya dingus.
Ah okay I get it now; ten years to get to a high level then two and a half years of training on average and then fifteen years to become eligible for article 124 transfer. So only 27.5 years of good time to become eligible to where you want to work.

Ah okay I get it now; ten years to get to a high level then two and a half years of training on average and then fifteen years to become eligible for article 124 transfer. So only 27.5 years of good time to become eligible to where you want to work.
Under the worst circumstances, again since I have to reiterate everything I say for you.

Back
Top Bottom