November 2018

Just got the phone call from Eastern Region HR. Should have my TOL here shortly.

TOL in hand. 29% locality is a nice pay bump for me. :D

Last edited:
I haven’t received mine for the eastern region yet either. I emailed Hr- no response. I had my ATM call Hr and they said they’re really backed up ??‍♂️. Typical response.

Maybe they are really backed up because of stupid calls and emails from you and your atm? Your atm can’t do anything to get it quicker anyway. You’ve been selected, you’ll get your tol. It’s been two weeks. Relax.

Maybe they are really backed up because of stupid calls and emails from you and your atm? Your atm can’t do anything to get it quicker anyway. You’ve been selected, you’ll get your tol. It’s been two weeks. Relax.

Have a snickers. You get angry when you’re hungry.

Did anyone else get their FOL with a date outside of 12 months? Mine is 12 months and 11 days due to it being the next lay period Nov 24. I told HR they need to move it up to the 10th to coincide with the maximum 12 month from selection date MOU and meet their pay period requirements.
Am I thinking correctly here guys?

It’s 11 days, don’t sweat it man just be happy you got to move around most people can’t. If your worried about Thanksgiving you will probably be on change of station leave for that week if you request it anyways.

Did anyone else get their FOL with a date outside of 12 months? Mine is 12 months and 11 days due to it being the next lay period Nov 24. I told HR they need to move it up to the 10th to coincide with the maximum 12 month from selection date MOU and meet their pay period requirements.
Am I thinking correctly here guys?
The 12 month CAT2 releases for the June2017 panel were almost a full 13 months

The 12 month CAT2 releases for the June2017 panel were almost a full 13 months

No one questioned this? The agency agreed to “within 12 months of selection”. Not 12 months and a few days. Since they need the start day to coincide with a new pay period, Nov 10 would satisfy that and be within the 12 months. Only 2 days before our selection date.

It’s 11 days, don’t sweat it man just be happy you got to move around most people can’t. If your worried about Thanksgiving you will probably be on change of station leave for that week if you request it anyways.

So what if the next guy gets stuck with 26 days? What’s the big deal right? The agency agreed to 12 months, which I read as 365 days, not 376+.

No one questioned this? The agency agreed to “within 12 months of selection”. Not 12 months and a few days. Since they need the start day to coincide with a new pay period, Nov 10 would satisfy that and be within the 12 months. Only 2 days before our selection date.

So what if the next guy gets stuck with 26 days? What’s the big deal right? The agency agreed to 12 months, which I read as 365 days, not 376+.
To make matters worse the extra 3.5 weeks for the June2017 people was just enough time to miss the contract raise at the new salary if you were upgrading.
They fixed that issue for the June2018 selections.

I wanted find out if anyone else on here is in the same boat as me— I was picked up CAT 1 and received/signed my TOL and sent it back. Never got an FOL before the shutdown or received a release date.

If anyone is in the same situation, have you received any guidance? Obviously, as long as the shutdown goes on, I won’t be hearing from Hr any time soon. I’ve asked my ATM what he thinks and he has no clue neither does he really seem to care.

I wanted find out if anyone else on here is in the same boat as me— I was picked up CAT 1 and received/signed my TOL and sent it back. Never got an FOL before the shutdown or received a release date.

If anyone is in the same situation, have you received any guidance? Obviously, as long as the shutdown goes on, I won’t be hearing from Hr any time soon. I’ve asked my ATM what he thinks and he has no clue neither does he really seem to care.

I received my FOL on Dec 10. My release date was incorrect at 12months + a few days which didn’t follow the less than 12 months guidance. I had been discussing it with HR and waiting to have a meeting with the ATM about it then the shutdown happened and everything went silent. Yesterday I spoke to my ATM and he emailed HR to correct the date to Nov 10 and I received a email with the new FOL date the same day.

I’d assume you’d be getting it soon now that the shut down is over, but just ask your ATM if they have been contacted by that regions HR.

And a heads up to everyone, don’t take a date that’s outside of the release policy, it states within 12 months from selection. The southern region HR contact told me “this is the same date that everyone else is getting (Nov 24)”. She argued with me and told me she won’t change it. I had to go to my NATCA rep and he spoke to the ATM and everything is good now.
Nov 10 should be the latest we can be released. It has to correspond with the beginning of a new pay period.

I received my FOL on Dec 10. My release date was incorrect at 12months + a few days which didn’t follow the less than 12 months guidance. I had been discussing it with HR and waiting to have a meeting with the ATM about it then the shutdown happened and everything went silent. Yesterday I spoke to my ATM and he emailed HR to correct the date to Nov 10 and I received a email with the new FOL date the same day.

I’d assume you’d be getting it soon now that the shut down is over, but just ask your ATM if they have been contacted by that regions HR.

And a heads up to everyone, don’t take a date that’s outside of the release policy, it states within 12 months from selection. The southern region HR contact told me “this is the same date that everyone else is getting (Nov 24)”. She argued with me and told me she won’t change it. I had to go to my NATCA rep and he spoke to the ATM and everything is good now.
Nov 10 should be the latest we can be released. It has to correspond with the beginning of a new pay period.
I had my ATM call yesterday and he left a voicemail with HR. I followed up with an email to HR and they responded with that they’re looking into it.
Just a little concerned because I am CAT 1

Back
Top Bottom