November 2018

They probably put you last on their pref list because they saw you don't like to stay in one place very long. If I were an ATM I would do my hardest to avoid you getting picked up for my facility and think something was wrong with you that caused you to transfer that much.
Maybe trying to get closer to family? Talk to the ATM and FACREP from previous facilities. Just like so many other threads people are so petty and quick to jump in people.

Quick question. I’ll be in the Nov 27th NEST panel. I have 10 years of CPC experience at Level 12 (5 years) and Level 10 (5 years) enroute facilities. It seems ZAU could and did pick up three from the NCEPT panel on Tuesday. Does that mean for me that ZAU will definitely not be on my NEST list, or does it work differently than that? Thanks for any information anyone can offer.
NCEPT or 10-12 only fills up to proj natl average but 'vacancy' is considered any slot under proj 100% so that specific scenario shouldn't have anything to do with you seeing ZAU or not.

Haven’t spoken with the ATM but I did reach out to NATCA. Same deal, you pretty much get the run around. You’re either selected or your not. No rhyme or reason.

I would set up a meeting with the ATM if you're serious about going. They definitely ranked you below those 6 other controllers - as to why who knows. Some ATM's feel like you need to give people from lower levels a shot before letting people from other 12's move around the most desirable facilities in the NAS to their heart's content

Haven’t spoken with the ATM

That would be my first to-do item upon submitting ERR paperwork. As well as a follow-up call the week before the ATMs do the ranking.
If I'm an ATM somewhere, I'm more likely to select someone from a lower level facility that I've talked to than someone from a higher level who didn't call. To me, shows who's more interested.

Skipped over again for SCT... Not sure if qualifications and experience factor much with the select process. I have 2 level 12 TRACON tickets, a level 8 up/down ticket, and military experience. Was still passed up in favor of controllers from level 6 and 7 facilities. And definitely congrats to you guys who were selected, i’m simply jealous. Anyone have any insight on the thought process from the ATM’s as they’re selecting controllers? Seems kind of unbalanced, no?
Funny part is with your resume you'd get picked up at SCT as a MSS-1 or MSS-2 in a heart beat!!!!! No points contest with ERRs tho, all about rubbing shoulders and who you know. Fly out there, take a tour of the facility, talk face to face with NATCA, face to face with management and you will be #1 on their next ERR list. Your resume is only half the battle with an ERR, it's been like that the 11 years I've been in, probably longer.

If more than one person gets picked up in a panel from the same facility are the release dates selected by receiving facility priority or seniority at your current facility?

Last edited:
If more than one person gets picked up in a panel from the same facility are the release dates selected by receiving facility priority or seniority at your current facility?

It depends on your facility. If you are coming from a facility with different areas such as a center or large Tracon, they can let people from areas with better staffing go ahead of you if your area is short.

It depends on your facility. If you are coming from a facility with different areas such as a center or large Tracon, they can let people from areas with better staffing go ahead of you if your area is short.

We are at a mid level up down so no different areas.
Whoever submitted the ERR request first.

Where is this written? I thought that was only if going to the same facility? All 3 of us are going to different facilities

Where is this written? I thought that was only if going to the same facility? All 3 of us are going to different facilities

Sorry, misread your post, reference how the gaining facility needs people, it can be like 1 person Cat 1 and 2 are Cat 2, etc

Back
Top Bottom