Quitting

Recently people have been saying the hurdle isn't finding the ATM that'll hire you, but instead everything gets approved at the local level and someone at the district level coming back and saying to go fly a kite!
Yikes that sound like a lot of fun to deal with….you would think it wouldn’t be that big of a deal as long as someone did their time in the agency before actually leaving.

Recently people have been saying the hurdle isn't finding the ATM that'll hire you, but instead everything gets approved at the local level and someone at the district level coming back and saying to go fly a kite!
Idk sounded like some of those people were trying to get into higher level facilities that couldn’t pick anyone up through ncept. Doesn’t surprise me that if a facility was over the national average they would deny it.

Idk sounded like some of those people were trying to get into higher level facilities that couldn’t pick anyone up through ncept. Doesn’t surprise me that if a facility was over the national average they would deny it.
Whatever the case was, it made me stop applying to DoD spots. As desperate as I am to get out of my facility, I'm not trying to be blacklisted from the FAA forever.

Whatever the case was, it made me stop applying to DoD spots. As desperate as I am to get out of my facility, I'm not trying to be blacklisted from the FAA forever.
Yeah if I ever consider using reinstatement itll just be to whatever low level tower in the area. Not trying to make it seem like I’m jumping the line by going straight to a higher level facility.

Yeah if I ever consider using reinstatement itll just be to whatever low level tower in the area. Not trying to make it seem like I’m jumping the line by going straight to a higher level facility.
Might as well cast the net wide though, worth a shot!

I left the FAA for Air and Marine Operations within the Department of Homeland Security. Became a federal agent making way more than I did as a controller, working far fewer hours, with the same retirement benefits and a cool badge and gun. One of the best kept secrets in the government.

What’s your salary with locality now?

I'm not doing LEO work at the moment so I don't collect the 25% for LEAP. I'm a GS-12 step 7 (step 8 in another year) base salary is like $95,000 including locality. I work 8 hours per day which includes 40 minutes every shift for paid PT time at the gym. No overtime, no nights, no weekends, no holidays.

While performing active LEO duties you add 25% for LEAP on top of your salary. I worked even less then to be honest and there is no cap to PT time while on duty as an LEO.

I'm not doing LEO work at the moment so I don't collect the 25% for LEAP. I'm a GS-12 step 7 (step 8 in another year) base salary is like $95,000 including locality. I work 8 hours per day which includes 40 minutes every shift for paid PT time at the gym. No overtime, no nights, no weekends, no holidays.

While performing active LEO duties you add 25% for LEAP on top of your salary. I worked even less then to be honest and there is no cap to PT time while on duty as an LEO.
But are you stuck near the border?

Dang we get way more than 40 minutes in the gym at the center

March ARB, Riverside, CA
Been there a couple times flying in and out. Lived in Menifee for a short time as well. Almost miss it out there. Didn’t realize anything else was happening out of there but it’s been about 7 years since I was out there so who knows.

Dang we get way more than 40 minutes in the gym at the center

I guess we can compare lifestyle benefits. How many hours per week are you at work and what are your rotating shifts like? Do you do the rattler? Quick turns? Miss birthdays and social events?

As an LEO gym time is unlimited if you don't have anything else going on. It's like working in a fire department except only 8 hour shifts.

I guess we can compare lifestyle benefits. How many hours per week are you at work and what are your rotating shifts like? Do you do the rattler? Quick turns? Miss birthdays and social events?

As an LEO gym time is unlimited if you don't have anything else going on. It's like working in a fire department except only 8 hour shifts.
40 hours a week. No crime at night or on the weekends?!

Is this the only location.for that job?

For the most part. There is another in Puerto Rico but it's far smaller. Supposedly there was a third location opening up in Virginia or thereabouts but I haven't heard anything concrete about that.

40 hours a week. No crime at night or on the weekends?!

Who said no nights or weekends? 40 hours per week doesn't all have to be daytime M-F.

Back
Top Bottom