Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s pretty safe to say that (generally speaking) morale among the trainee portion of the workforce is likely at all all-time low. It’s been 5 months since anyone has been allowed to train anywhere with no end in sight. People have missed out on raises they were expecting (in some cases counting on) to earn (or at least have a chance to earn). Additionally at this point, many are going to miss out on six figures worth of potential life time earnings because of this additional delay on top of the already snail-paced training process. Generally speaking, trainees have been completely abandoned and ignored by the union that supposedly represents them, with virtually no information flow, or at best, political/generic responses to concerns. Developmentals have been made to feel even more worthless and unappreciated than they have ever been before. Then to top everything off, when people try and vent their frustrations on forums such as this one, they are completely shit on by a handful of vocal individuals who consistently label trainees as “whiny” or “ungrateful for their free vacation” while completely ignoring the basis for their actual grievance. It’s really quite disheartening when it’s month after month of this same cycle, again, with no end in sight.

This is not intended to kickstart another debate/fight, but just an expanded response to the “how’s everyone doing” question. Between all the politics and bickering, I think many forget how this situation is effecting real people. Not to say others don’t have their own struggles/challenges through all this shit, but many trainees are not doing so great at the moment. That’s my two cents.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="ClearanceClarence, post: 80601, member: 9439"
I think it’s pretty safe to say that (generally speaking) morale among the trainee portion of the workforce is likely at all all-time low. It’s been 5 months since anyone has been allowed to train anywhere with no end in sight. People have missed out on raises they were expecting (in some cases counting on) to earn (or at least have a chance to earn). Additionally at this point, many are going to miss out on six figures worth of potential life time earnings because of this additional delay on top of the already snail-paced training process. Generally speaking, trainees have been completely abandoned and ignored by the union that supposedly represents them, with virtually no information flow, or at best, political/generic responses to concerns. Developmentals have been made to feel even more worthless and unappreciated than they have ever been before. Then to top everything off, when people try and vent their frustrations on forums such as this one, they are completely shit on by a handful of vocal individuals who consistently label trainees as “whiny” or “ungrateful for their free vacation” while completely ignoring the basis for their actual grievance. It’s really quite disheartening when it’s month after month of this same cycle, again, with no end in sight.

This is not intended to kickstart another debate/fight, but just an expanded response to the “how’s everyone doing” question. Between all the politics and bickering, I think many forget how this situation is effecting real people. Not to say others don’t have their own struggles/challenges through all this shit, but many trainees are not doing so great at the moment. That’s my two cents.
[/QUOTE]
100%. It really doesn't take much either, 0 communication. SMH

As a CPC-IT I'm doing great. I've got the best of both worlds going on. Yes. I'd prefer to be a CPC but I'm not waiting on any raises so I don't really care. I am enjoying the extra time off and spending my summer camping and hiking. I will never see this much time off in the summer again until I retire. I just wish I could go on an international vacation... but that'll happen eventually just like finishing training will happen eventually.

I think we all need to remember not to lump everyone together into one big group. Everyone's situation is different and everyone's life is different. Try to find a positive and it'll make this all a little better.

Good explanation of the current situation. Frankly other than the paycheck every two weeks I don’t even feel like I work for the FAA right now/anymore. I stopped studying in June because it seemed like it would take much more effort trying to keep everything fresh than to just relearn it all again. “You have an IPad” is not going to magically make me know everything.

Good explanation of the current situation. Frankly other than the paycheck every two weeks I don’t even feel like I work for the FAA right now/anymore. I stopped studying in June because it seemed like it would take much more effort trying to keep everything fresh than to just relearn it all again. “You have an IPad” is not going to magically make me know everything.

Out of curiosity how are are you into training?

I mean it is a global pandemic. I'm not really sure beyond communicating more what you'd like them to do. How many ways do you want them to communicate they don't have a plan beyond waiting to see how the number of cases and deaths increases and decreases. As much as the trainees would like it there doesn't seem to be a magic number of when cases are below xx% or xxx new cases we will allow non-essential personnel into the building. I fully support social distancing and reducing the number of people in the building is the best way to do that. Right now the ability to keep the NAS operational has to be the top priority of the FAA.

I mean it is a global pandemic. I'm not really sure beyond communicating more what you'd like them to do. How many ways do you want them to communicate they don't have a plan beyond waiting to see how the number of cases and deaths increases and decreases. As much as the trainees would like it there doesn't seem to be a magic number of when cases are below xx% or xxx new cases we will allow non-essential personnel into the building. I fully support social distancing and reducing the number of people in the building is the best way to do that. Right now the ability to keep the NAS operational has to be the top priority of the FAA.
I dunno. They let me d side and get exposed to covid and get forced into self isolation covid leave. But they won’t let me train. So explain that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom