Walmart mangers raise to 128k

Walmart managers average pay was raised to 128k.

Raise Wen folks? It’s getting worse by the day. Walmart mangers making more than level 8 CPCS.
Let me know how many controllers quit to become Walmart managers where they have to do whatever the company tells them to do and they're on their feet the entire shift.

We deserve more money but an apple is not an orange.

edit: also they got a raise for the first time in A DECADE. what if you were making what you made 10 years ago and you got a 9% raise? you'd be WAAAAAAAAAY behind where you are now

Last edited:
Some might actually quit to be able to go to where they want to live. Most of us have a good head on our shoulders and could prolly work our way up in another company within 5 years to make this same money. Read the article also. If they hit all their sales goals, they could make 200% which is 340k in the highest earning stores.

Let me know how many controllers quit to become Walmart managers where they have to do whatever the company tells them to do and they're on their feet the entire shift.

We deserve more money but an apple is not an orange.
Fair point but one thing I see over and over on here that I don't agree with is "let me know how many controllers quit to xxxx". While it's true that we're seeing controllers quit to go elsewhere (unfathomable just a few years ago), I think the broader point is not that people are actually quitting to be walmart managers, it's that we're losing ground to the rest of the country and probably a lot of good candidates to other opportunities.

Trader Joe's managers are also well compensated. Lets imagine for a minute a legacy controller/CTI grad stocking shelves while waiting to get picked up by the ATC lotto. While they're waiting they get promoted to manager, which rivals a lot of the low level tower pay. Then when they finally get a TOL, it's for tower instead of En Route which is what their parents did and what they've always wanted. They know that they're in the running for store manager which would mean no more weekends, six figure income, and at this point they're getting four weeks of PTO. They know that ATC is a great career, but accepting the TOL would mean the potential to get shipped off to a black hole for potentially forever. On top of this, their spouse makes 65k at a local business but has no realistic opportunity to make that money elsewhere.

When you add up all that it takes to become a controller I think that it's fair to say something's got to give. We need to start letting people know where they're going pre-OKC, raising pay across the board, or all of the above. Staffing is great but lets be real; some facilities that are "critically staffed" have managers enforcing mandatory plug-in minimums just to have more controllers plugged in than on break.

Some might actually quit to be able to go to where they want to live. Most of us have a good head on our shoulders and could prolly work our way up in another company within 5 years to make this same money. Read the article also. If they hit all their sales goals, they could make 200% which is 340k in the highest earning stores.

We must have different coworkers. At least half of my coworkers would be fired from any normal job within a month of onboarding.

I worked for Walmart unloading trucks back in the day for 1 month. Hands down the worst job I’ve ever had. We had a good crew of around 6-8 when I started. One older dude died at home and nobody knew until a coworker (not management) went to check on him after missing a couple shifts. Then a couple quit and weren’t replaced. It turned into us having roughly 4-5 guys unloading these trucks with the same time requirements as before and would get in trouble for not being done on time. On top of that, managers from other departments would routinely come around and grab you to help in their department and you’d get bitched at x2 bc “why didn’t you get the trucks unloaded on time?” even though they knew we got dragged away bc our manager wasn’t there to push back. Kudos to anyone who can stick it out and grind their way up the chain but fuck that place. Couldn’t pay me enough to deal with that bullshit.

Don’t pensions still get cost of living adjustments?
Yes they do.

The pension at low level facilities is not keeping people around. 30k isn’t a lot now. Imagine what it’ll be like in 20 years.
Not sure where you came up with 30k.
Level 5 RUS top is $106,000 that will continue to go up. So say high 3 is $115k
25 years with a pension benefit of 39% plus cola increases
$44,800-13,455 for taxes/health insurance=
$31345/12=$2612 + $1000 est. social security bridge
$3600 to not leave your house around age 50 depending when ya got in🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s considering not touching any TSP.

Not sure where you came up with 30k.
Level 5 RUS top is $106,000 that will continue to go up. So say high 3 is $115k
25 years with a pension benefit of 39% plus cola increases
$44,800-13,455 for taxes/health insurance=
$31345/12=$2612 + $1000 est. social security bridge
$3600 to not leave your house around age 50 depending when ya got in🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s considering not touching any TSP.
you just said not sure where you came up with $30k then ran a bunch of numbers to just come up with $31k?

I will never understand why any controller would argue against making more money. This is a highly specialized job that requires years of training. Sure there are great benefits but every single CPC should be making $100k minimum.

you just said not sure where you came up with $30k then ran a bunch of numbers to just come up with $31k?

I will never understand why any controller would argue against making more money. This is a highly specialized job that requires years of training. Sure there are great benefits but every single CPC should be making $100k minimum.
I complete agree with you on the pay while we are working we need more money and it’s downright embarrassing retail is catching up to controller pay.
The benefits later on in retirement you think could be better elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom