Walmart mangers raise to 128k

I worked for Walmart unloading trucks back in the day for 1 month. Hands down the worst job I’ve ever had. We had a good crew of around 6-8 when I started. One older dude died at home and nobody knew until a coworker (not management) went to check on him after missing a couple shifts. Then a couple quit and weren’t replaced. It turned into us having roughly 4-5 guys unloading these trucks with the same time requirements as before and would get in trouble for not being done on time. On top of that, managers from other departments would routinely come around and grab you to help in their department and you’d get bitched at x2 bc “why didn’t you get the trucks unloaded on time?” even though they knew we got dragged away bc our manager wasn’t there to push back. Kudos to anyone who can stick it out and grind their way up the chain but fuck that place. Couldn’t pay me enough to deal with that bullshit.
This all sounds very familiar, if you replace loading trucks with working air traffic and other departments with ELMS.

Hey look- it’s another terrible take by Mr. Capone. I don’t believe most level 8 controllers are exceptionally well paid and that’s before we consider the often lower checkout rates (lots of up/downs), difficulty in moving up the ladder and chronic short staffing. Making 117k in LA if you’re at VNY, SNA or even 112k at BNA which is a level 9 isn’t doing much in those areas.
While i def agree with your point, those at those so cal facilities, I believe are 10% cip and with 160 hours OT a year are clearing an additional 25-35% more.

Level 8 in hcol like so cal should be close to 200k with some OT. Even then would be struggling to buy a half way decent small home.

While i def agree with your point, those at those so cal facilities, I believe are 10% cip and with 160 hours OT a year are clearing an additional 25-35% more.

Level 8 in hcol like so cal should be close to 200k with some OT. Even then would be struggling to buy a half way decent small home.
CIP is fine..until it runs out 8 months into the year, and the way it's distributed in SoCal is crazy unbalanced. We shouldn't have to "rely" on 160hrs+ of OT each year just to "kinda make it but not really"

CIP is fine..until it runs out 8 months into the year, and the way it's distributed in SoCal is crazy unbalanced. We shouldn't have to "rely" on 160hrs+ of OT each year just to "kinda make it but not really"
“work xxx amount of OT and you’ll clear this much!”

- the FAA is smiling down upon you idiots who even remotely think something along these lines is okay. Who needs a family, a hobby, or literally anything else outside of work?

I'm almost positive CIP hasn't ran out for more than 2 PP every year in the last 8-10.

But the CIP budget does need to be increased. It has been the same for a long time

The wages just havent kept up. Period. Full Stop. Not just at F'ing Waco or Beaumont, but everywhere, nationwide. Big Facilities included.

No CPC, especially at a Level 12 facility, should be relying on massive amounts of OT just to pay rent, let alone buying a house, because the current payscale doesnt support home ownership in many of the locations the FAA operates if it wasnt purchased before 2021. The amount controllers are making after working 300-400 hours of OT should be their base pay with no OT.

The amount they are paying trainees you could argue isn't even a living wage in the Bay Area and a few other places. If you're single and sent to either Center in CA......good luck. An Academy Grad at ZOA is making 63k to live in the most expensive area of the country. NATCA should be all over that but you dont hear a peep. Trainees needing to live 4-5 to a house to afford rent, or have a second job. That shouldnt be reality for an Air Traffic Controller but it is.

The wages just havent kept up. Period. Full Stop. Not just at F'ing Waco or Beaumont, but everywhere, nationwide. Big Facilities included.

No CPC, especially at a Level 12 facility, should be relying on massive amounts of OT just to pay rent, let alone buying a house, because the current payscale doesnt support home ownership in many of the locations the FAA operates if it wasnt purchased before 2021. The amount controllers are making after working 300-400 hours of OT should be their base pay with no OT.

The amount they are paying trainees you could argue isn't even a living wage in the Bay Area and a few other places. If you're single and sent to either Center in CA......good luck. An Academy Grad at ZOA is making 63k to live in the most expensive area of the country. NATCA should be all over that but you dont hear a peep. Trainees needing to live 4-5 to a house to afford rent, or have a second job. That shouldnt be reality for an Air Traffic Controller but it is.
This 100%. We’re criminally underpaid for what we contribute to society and the economy.

We work the busiest and most complex airspace in the world and do a great job at it. We should be among the highest paid ATCs in the world but we aren’t. I seriously do not think the next generation of work force (genZ and gen A) will want to be a part of this career if it continues like this. Sure you’ll get the bottom of the barrel applicants still applying, but there will be no quality at all. Why bother? That generation cares way more about work life balance etc. and if there isn’t high pay to compensate for that then they’ll look elsewhere. Same with OT. Maybe it’s more wishful thinking from me but I do not think OT abuse at 1.5x pay will fly with the next gen. Giving up your free time is not worth 1.5x pay anymore. It’s not 1990.

We work the busiest and most complex airspace in the world and do a great job at it. We should be among the highest paid ATCs in the world but we aren’t. I seriously do not think the next generation of work force (genZ and gen A) will want to be a part of this career if it continues like this. Sure you’ll get the bottom of the barrel applicants still applying, but there will be no quality at all. Why bother? That generation cares way more about work life balance etc. and if there isn’t high pay to compensate for that then they’ll look elsewhere. Same with OT. Maybe it’s more wishful thinking from me but I do not think OT abuse at 1.5x pay will fly with the next gen. Giving up your free time is not worth 1.5x pay anymore. It’s not 1990.

The OT is nice and all but I never understood the OT vultures. The extra money isn’t worth being away from my kids and being in a toxic work environment

Back
Top Bottom