Walmart mangers raise to 128k

We work the busiest and most complex airspace in the world and do a great job at it. We should be among the highest paid ATCs in the world but we aren’t. I seriously do not think the next generation of work force (genZ and gen A) will want to be a part of this career if it continues like this. Sure you’ll get the bottom of the barrel applicants still applying, but there will be no quality at all. Why bother? That generation cares way more about work life balance etc. and if there isn’t high pay to compensate for that then they’ll look elsewhere. Same with OT. Maybe it’s more wishful thinking from me but I do not think OT abuse at 1.5x pay will fly with the next gen. Giving up your free time is not worth 1.5x pay anymore. It’s not 1990.
This is becoming a problem for the whole federal government. You max out with locality at like gs14 in some places. All these caps need to be raised.

The OT is nice and all but I never understood the OT vultures. The extra money isn’t worth being away from my kids and being in a toxic work environment
I prefer not to work overtime if the pay was what it should be. But I do actually like working 1-2 OT shifts a month. I don’t like OT every week.

This is becoming a problem for the whole federal government. You max out with locality at like gs14 in some places. All these caps need to be raised.
Yeah that BS is lagging behind. Needs to be raised ASAP.

Wow, don't the FAA FSS in Alaska make half that?

A newly checked out CPC would be sitting around $89k in 2024. Quality of life and the work environment beats Leidos by far, but that pay is enviable. I don't know enough about their benefits or retirement to comment on that, but we get people jumping ship to come to the FAA all the time.

A newly checked out CPC would be sitting around $89k in 2024. Quality of life and the work environment beats Leidos by far, but that pay is enviable. I don't know enough about their benefits or retirement to comment on that, but we get people jumping ship to come to the FAA all the time.
Kenai FSS with overtime breaks $100k.

Kenai FSS with overtime breaks $100k.

I broke $100k with overtime too, and that was on the no list. We have guys pushing 600 hours of OT in Alaska Flight Service who make way more. Obviously I'd rather not need an extra 15 work weeks of overtime to make what Leidos is making. We were all checking W2s today and it seemed like the average CPC in the (small) group made $125k last year.

Back
Top Bottom