With the new CDC guidance do we need masks or shots anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Conquistador

FAA
Facility
DVT Deer Valley Tower
The new guidance now gets rid of masks, 6' rule, testing, etc. Since the FAA is ALL about the science and taking its lead from the CDC, are we done with COVID in the FAA now? Can we finally go about our day without even thinking about COVID?

Our local said “Be thankful they didn‘t lay you off. 57,000 people applied to the last bid and all trainees are easily replaced.” So glad they’re fighting for me.
NATCA was pushing this bullshit response throughout the pandemic whenever anyone questioned why trainees couldn’t come back to work. They could never provide any evidence or specific reference that the agency was ever seriously considering laying off trainees, but “bE hApPy YoU sTiLl HaVe A jOb” is the only response anyone would get. #insolidarity

NATCA was pushing this bullshit response throughout the pandemic whenever anyone questioned why trainees couldn’t come back to work. They could never provide any evidence or specific reference that the agency was ever seriously considering laying off trainees, but “bE hApPy YoU sTiLl HaVe A jOb” is the only response anyone would get. #insolidarity
They compared us to NavCanada, saying they terminated their trainees. But they fail to mention that not one single federal employee was laid off since the beginning of the pandemic. I guess NATCA fighting to keep us our jobs somehow saved every federal job…? Thanks!

They compared us to NavCanada, saying they terminated their trainees. But they fail to mention that not one single federal employee was laid off since the beginning of the pandemic. I guess NATCA fighting to keep us our jobs somehow saved every federal job…? Thanks!
Sounds like when they touted the PPL MOU as a “huge win” they took credit for when all it did was correct us being left out of the original law that gave the benefit to all other federal employee. The union fights for its own interests, not what the membership actually cares about/needs. We got a 1.6% raise this year with nearly 10% inflation thanks to NATCA refusing to renegotiate the contract. They take credit for random shit they had little to nothing to do with, but then the big picture issues that are effecting controllers the most (pay, staffing, inter-facility transfers, etc.) nothing is ever really fought for.

Last edited:
Seeing as Monkeypox is the latest thing,what is NATCA doing to protect us!? Will we get "jab or job 2.0"....

Not only did the pilot unions fight for their rights, but they also got 17% raises. Lol!

What world do you live in 32? Are you on the payrol? Do you drink hot chocolate in your PJ's while you spew this shit?

Can you imagine training with 32? I can picture him sitting there, double masked (n95s) and shielded. You hear him muttering something but you can’t make it out through the mask, it turns out he’s just reciting different names of covid variants under his breath. Later on he says he has a question for you, you’re thinking it’s training related, turns out it’s just asking if you’re vaxxed for monkeypox.

Can you imagine training with 32? I can picture him sitting there, double masked (n95s) and shielded. You hear him muttering something but you can’t make it out through the mask, it turns out he’s just reciting different names of covid variants under his breath. Later on he says he has a question for you, you’re thinking it’s training related, turns out it’s just asking if you’re vaxxed for monkeypox.
"You can go anywhere when you're b00sted," he said to himself out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom