ZTL

Training stopped for almost a full year due to Covid, but they're washing those out who can't do the job when necessary instead of checking everyone out.

for you ZTL people, does A80 shut you guys off all the time and go into no notice holding with no reason given? I’ve heard stories about other Tracons that do that and wanted to see how prevalent it actually is

for you ZTL people, does A80 shut you guys off all the time and go into no notice holding with no reason given? I’ve heard stories about other Tracons that do that and wanted to see how prevalent it actually is
No reason shutoffs aren't really a thing anymore thanks to metering. Weather related still prevelant but expected.

Hi everybody. Last I was aware, the training success rate at ZTL was very high, >90%. I saw recently that it was down to 69.5%.

Anybody have any insight as to why that is? COVID problems? And if so, do you think temporary or more long-term?

Training stopped for almost a full year due to Covid, but they're washing those out who can't do the job when necessary instead of checking everyone out.
The training success rate update is from 2013-2017. Has nothing to do with covid

You'll wait about a year to start training. Area is alright, Hampton the town itself is Tiny, 15-30 minutes commute from where most controllers live (Peachtree, McDonough, Griffin). It's hot and humid about 8 months. 30-45 minutes from downtown ATL.

You'll wait about a year to start training. Area is alright, Hampton the town itself is Tiny, 15-30 minutes commute from where most controllers live (Peachtree, McDonough, Griffin). It's hot and humid about 8 months. 30-45 minutes from downtown ATL.
Is training on hold because of COVID?

Alright thanks a lot for the feedback
You should check out the area and try to get a tour of the facility prior to accepting a position. Traffic in ATL is horrible; Hampton is a teeny tiny boring town. The facility itself is pretty lax, the mgmt not terrible. I don't know where you work currently, but CPCs from smaller or non ARTCC facilities do not so great in training, typically. Check our traffic numbers. We are constantly busy, and our TMU does a crap job of protecting the areas' volume/flow. Definitely not the worst place you could be, but do your research bc once you're in and checked out, good luck leaving (unless you go into mgmt).

You should check out the area and try to get a tour of the facility prior to accepting a position. Traffic in ATL is horrible; Hampton is a teeny tiny boring town. The facility itself is pretty lax, the mgmt not terrible. I don't know where you work currently, but CPCs from smaller or non ARTCC facilities do not so great in training, typically. Check our traffic numbers. We are constantly busy, and our TMU does a crap job of protecting the areas' volume/flow. Definitely not the worst place you could be, but do your research bc once you're in and checked out, good luck leaving (unless you go into mgmt).
I am an academy grad. My other choices are ZME, ZOA, and ZLA.

Back
Top Bottom