-
Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

Local Area​

External Links​

Last edited:
anyone work at ZTL? .....maybe info on how well terminal radar controllers do here..

Is there any reason ZTL has such a high success training rate? Is it the trainers, their training program, not as difficult of air space? Is it a combination of things? Being that it is a level 12 I would imagine that the airspace would be complex. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Is there any reason ZTL has such a high success training rate? Is it the trainers, their training program, not as difficult of air space? Is it a combination of things? Being that it is a level 12 I would imagine that the airspace would be complex. Any insight is greatly appreciated
When I toured, I actually asked their training staff that exact question. They had no idea they were so much higher then everyone else. Some things they said were all the contractors they hire to run the training program were former controllers at ZTL. They also said they rarely wash people in the SIMS, they believe in giving everyone a chance to hit the floor and see the effect trainers have on them.
I have no comparison to offer with other centers on if they do that the same way or not.

I would also ask the question of how many of the "trainees" are straight from the academy vs. a transfer with some experience. They do have a relatively low number of people in training. Seems most centers have 100+. With their staffing numbers, I don't foresee too many academy grads going here.

When I toured, I actually asked their training staff that exact question. They had no idea they were so much higher then everyone else. Some things they said were all the contractors they hire to run the training program were former controllers at ZTL. They also said they rarely wash people in the SIMS, they believe in giving everyone a chance to hit the floor and see the effect trainers have on them.
I have no comparison to offer with other centers on if they do that the same way or not.

Unlike ZMP who washes people left and right out of the DYSIM

I've got a six month old! I've heard no go on Griffin. I've got an FLM here that just come from ZTL. My wife and I are leaving on McDonough, or Peach tree. TBH, Hampton is small doesn't look bad.
I think we are between Fayetteville and McDonough probably going to take a trip in July to see the in laws and look at those 2 areas.

Live in south Fayetteville versus north. Also, consider Locust Grove. I'd choose Fayette or Coweta over Henry County though.

Do you have any cons w/ Henry County? Or just mainly preference over one? So far we've seen a lot of houses we liked in Henry County, but we're mainly window shopping right now anyways.

Do you have any cons w/ Henry County? Or just mainly preference over one? So far we've seen a lot of houses we liked in Henry County, but we're mainly window shopping right now anyways.
Henry County is significantly more congested, the schools are worse, and crime in/around McDonough is rapidly climbing. My wife went to Union Grove. Union Grove or Ola would be your best bets for schools versus Stockbridge, Eagles Landing, or Henry County. I'd pay the premium and move to PTC, lower Fayetteville, Brooks, or Senoia.

Henry County is significantly more congested, the schools are worse, and crime in/around McDonough is rapidly climbing. My wife went to Union Grove. Union Grove or Ola would be your best bets for schools versus Stockbridge, Eagles Landing, or Henry County. I'd pay the premium and move to PTC, lower Fayetteville, Brooks, or Senoia.

Gotcha, thanks for the info!

This is where we are looking... McDonough, Senoia, Locus Grove, Griffin and Brooks.

That commute from Newnan to Hampton would be BRUTAL! I lived in Newnan for awhile and just commuting to PTC could take over 45 minutes and that's from east of I-85!
Yeah, I'm familiar with area just not the specifics on neighborhoods and schools. My old man lives in Fortson running a nonprofit for veterans, so we are in the area quite often.

Hi everybody. Last I was aware, the training success rate at ZTL was very high, >90%. I saw recently that it was down to 69.5%.

Anybody have any insight as to why that is? COVID problems? And if so, do you think temporary or more long-term?

Back
Top Bottom