1st QTR 2017

I guess I should just be thankful to have a job and mostly enjoy where I am for now. side note, all of my ERR requests sent got rejected from southern region HR... I was told they must now be sent to the HR of the place you are requesting to go, and not the HR you are currently in. has anyone else encountered this?

I guess I should just be thankful to have a job and mostly enjoy where I am for now. side note, all of my ERR requests sent got rejected from southern region HR... I was told they must now be sent to the HR of the place you are requesting to go, and not the HR you are currently in. has anyone else encountered this?
What? No, in fact RVP and HR have specifically said to send to your own HR. In reality it shouldn't even matter because all hr does is enter the info into a database.

I'd call your RVP and tell him... sounds like that whomever rejected yours is behind the curve. If there was a chance you could have been selected, grieve it.

it was well after the deadline, just trying to get in before the second quarter, and I'm never going to be cat 1 or 2 within the 15 months they stay on file so its a moot point.

How soon after selections does HR start calling to select and confirm dates? Anyone received calls yet?

My understanding of the process:
HR calls or contacts manager and asks where within the window they would like to release the employee.
HR then calls employee and asks if they would like to extend beyond the date given by the manager.
HR sends out a FOL with date and pay info.

Am I missing something?

How soon after selections does HR start calling to select and confirm dates? Anyone received calls yet?

My understanding of the process:
HR calls or contacts manager and asks where within the window they would like to release the employee.
HR then calls employee and asks if they would like to extend beyond the date given by the manager.
HR sends out a FOL with date and pay info.

Am I missing something?
Just got off the phone with HR. They gave me a verbal offer. Next comes a time critical TOL. Once TOL is returned to HR they will continue the process of medical and security. While that is in the process they notify both ATM's involved for a release date IAW the guidelines of the MOU. Then FOL is printed with report date.

i just want to verify something real quick. say my facility becomes cat 2. which means we are less than 90% and meet the national average correct?

am i able to be picked up if by my leaving the facility goes back below the national average?

Just got off the phone with HR. They gave me a verbal offer. Next comes a time critical TOL. Once TOL is returned to HR they will continue the process of medical and security. While that is in the process they notify both ATM's involved for a release date IAW the guidelines of the MOU. Then FOL is printed with report date.
Yeah, about 30 minutes after I posted that they called me too. Good timing! Now let's hope the ATMs aren't taking two weeks holiday vacation and they get the dates submitted to HR asap!

am i able to be picked up if by my leaving the facility goes back below the national average?

If your facility is at or above the national average and one person leaving would make you go beneath the national average, you are considered a "Cat 1/2 Exempt" facility, and no selections can be made from that facility. If you've been selected and THEN the numbers drop, you still get to leave.

There's trouble brewing and I'm not sure what's really going on behind the scenes, but here's my situation and I'm wondering if any of you have any insight:
  • On the September 2016 panel my facility was Cat 2 and one controller was selected for another facility and given a 12 month release.
  • In October we had several certifications and trainee arrivals and became Cat 1, but the manager and Natca rep refused to help him move his date up, so he figured there was nothing he could do.
  • Three more controllers at my facility were selected on the December panel, two Cat 1 selections and one Cat 2 selection.
  • I was the second of two Cat 1 selections from my facility, the other was to a higher priority facility.
  • The selection list stated that I was a Cat 1 release.
  • My Natca rep and management both stated that they didn't believe it, and to expect a Cat 2 release.
  • The previously selected controller from September finally went above our facrep and contacted the RVP and got the ball rolling to get his date moved up.
  • My facrep and management told me in the last week that they believed that because the previous controller was getting his date moved, I could not be released Cat 1.
  • HR sent me a TOL three days ago stating that I was Cat 1 release, with a release date no later than March 19th.
  • This morning I received emails from my facrep and manager stating that the date they had selected for me was December 10th 2017, a Cat 2 release, and that it was final.
  • I called HR and they said they had not set the final date yet.
  • I contacted the receiving facility's manager who stated that my manager told them not to expect me until December 10th 2017 because the facility "changed categories" once the other controller's date got moved up, and we were now Cat 2.
I am pretty familiar with the MOU and the formula for the PPT and moving the date for a previous selection does not have any effect on the facility's category as the controller was already counted against our 12-month projected staffing number on this last panel. I don't understand how management and my facrep believe that moving the previous selection sooner changes our category. Is there a provision that I'm missing? Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? I am assuming it will take HR a week or more to figure out what is going on and process a FOL because of the holiday, and I'm trying to figure out if my manager and facrep have any leg to stand on here. Please help!

There's trouble brewing and I'm not sure what's really going on behind the scenes, but here's my situation and I'm wondering if any of you have any insight:
  • On the September 2016 panel my facility was Cat 2 and one controller was selected for another facility and given a 12 month release.
  • In October we had several certifications and trainee arrivals and became Cat 1, but the manager and Natca rep refused to help him move his date up, so he figured there was nothing he could do.
  • Three more controllers at my facility were selected on the December panel, two Cat 1 selections and one Cat 2 selection.
  • I was the second of two Cat 1 selections from my facility, the other was to a higher priority facility.
  • My Natca rep and management both stated that they didn't believe it, and to expect a Cat 2 release.
  • The previously selected controller from September finally went above our facrep and contacted the RVP and got the ball rolling to get his date moved up.
  • My facrep and management told me in the last week that they believed that because the previous controller was getting his date moved, I could not be released Cat 1.
  • HR sent me a TOL three days ago stating that I was Cat 1 release, with a release date no later than March 19th.
  • This morning I received emails from my facrep and manager stating that the date they had selected for me was December 10th 2017, a Cat 2 release, and that it was final.
  • I contacted the receiving facility's manager who stated that my manager told them not to expect me until December 10th 2017 because the facility "changed categories" once the other controller's date got moved up, and we were now Cat 2.
I am pretty familiar with the MOU and the formula for the PPT and moving the date for a previous selection does not have any effect on the facility's category as the controller was already counted against our 12-month projected staffing number on this last panel. I don't understand how management and my facrep believe that moving the previous selection sooner changes our category. Is there a provision that I'm missing? Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? I am assuming it will take HR a week or more to figure out what is going on and process a FOL because of the holiday, and I'm trying to figure out if my manager and facrep have any leg to stand on here. Please help!

Controller that was selected in September has/had the option to get his date moved up. That should have happened before the last NCEPT panel once you became Cat 1. I don't see how anyone thought that there could be people released in front of him. If anything, he should have a sooner date, and the last person picked (I'm guessing you) would become a Cat 2 selection. If there's another couple certifications to get you Cat 1 again, you'll have the option to get your release date moved up.

Now what I think you should do is tell HR that you'll take that March 19th date and try to get a FOL for a quick release.

Oh, moving the first person selected to an earlier date would change your category because he's no longer counted in the projected staffing number. He's a committed outbound.

I think. But it's all guesswork anyway at all levels of this process. Take whatever date you get and be thankful.

Local management and NATCA have zero say in what category they are or setting the release criteria. The NCEPT acts on the criteria at that time of selection. For example, if, post selection, someone else left on a hardship, your selection would be unaffected. I'd file a grievance, saying they are not following the MOU.

Controller that was selected in September has/had the option to get his date moved up. That should have happened before the last NCEPT panel once you became Cat 1. I don't see how anyone thought that there could be people released in front of him. If anything, he should have a sooner date, and the last person picked (I'm guessing you) would become a Cat 2 selection. If there's another couple certifications to get you Cat 1 again, you'll have the option to get your release date moved up.

Agreed, he should be able to leave before anyone else, but our facrep and manager have a history of not understanding and not abiding by the rules, so they wouldn't help him, and he didn't push the issue until early December, even though we all told him he needed to.

Now what I think you should do is tell HR that you'll take that March 19th date and try to get a FOL for a quick release.

Did that today.

Oh, moving the first person selected to an earlier date would change your category because he's no longer counted in the projected staffing number. He's a committed outbound.

But on the December panel he was ALREADY listed as a committed outbound because his former release date (October) was within the next 12 months, so he wasn't counted for projected staffing and we could still let two go on Cat 1 releases. Our "current staffing" number was 29/30 (96.5%) and our projected staffing was 97.5%. Releasing two leaves us at 90% "current staffing" and 90.9% "projected staffing" even when the previous release is factored in.[/QUOTE]

Local management and NATCA have zero say in what category they are or setting the release criteria. The NCEPT acts on the criteria at that time of selection. For example, if, post selection, someone else left on a hardship, your selection would be unaffected. I'd file a grievance, saying they are not following the MOU.
This is my understanding as well, and my plan is to file a grievance if this sticks, but I was just making sure there wasn't some provision or part of the MOU that I wasn't understanding. I'm 100% sure that I understand it better than both of them combined, but that doesn't mean I understand it all, and they might be getting counsel from somewhere else or someone on the NCEPT board or something like that.

This is my understanding as well, and my plan is to file a grievance if this sticks, but I was just making sure there wasn't some provision or part of the MOU that I wasn't understanding. I'm 100% sure that I understand it better than both of them combined, but that doesn't mean I understand it all, and they might be getting counsel from somewhere else or someone on the NCEPT board or something like that.
Yeah they demonstrated they don't know what's going on with the first guys scenario. Also that they don't care to help. Might be a good opportunity to remind your facrep who he represents.

All this mess is the exact reason why my facility has a constant strain of hardships being filed and, ultimately, awarded to those who file them.

Yeah they demonstrated they don't know what's going on with the first guys scenario. Also that they don't care to help. Might be a good opportunity to remind your facrep who he represents.
According to my facrep, because he represents ALL controllers at the facility and those wanting to stay for life outnumber those trying to leave, he has an OBLIGATION to the membership to try to stop people from moving. Awesome, right? There's no talking any sense into him.

The meeting minutes have still not been posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually post them within a week? I'm really looking forward to what was in a previous post:
Allowing a level 7 and below facility to release to a level 8 or higher that's below the national average.
Any word on this?

The meeting minutes have still not been posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually post them within a week? I'm really looking forward to what was in a previous post:
Allowing a level 7 and below facility to release to a level 8 or higher that's below the national average.
Any word on this?

The person on the NCEPT panel I spoke with said they would have to try this out with a few test facilities before they rolled it out national. So we are looking at a few quarters before it happens, if all goes well with the test facilities.

The person on the NCEPT panel I spoke with said they would have to try this out with a few test facilities before they rolled it out national. So we are looking at a few quarters before it happens, if all goes well with the test facilities.
What? Create different criteria for certain facilities? Who is this person?

Back
Top Bottom