1st QTR 2017

Ditto, according to the november #'s, we can release one person by the slimmest of margins. And after that there is no hope for the next several years because of this process.

What level/type facility are you at?

Lower numbers, may mean more smaller facilities may be ineligible, but look at the enroute side now; No one is eligible. Lower average numbers may benefit the big facilities that people want to leave. Generally, I think this policy hurt the larger facilities more.

If you're stuck you're stuck, no matter if you're in a big facility or small. If you're stuck somewhere big you're making good money. If you're stuck somewhere small, well....

some stats for this panel

Total facilities eligible to release 58/314 (18.47%)
Total possible releases FAA wide: 102
CPC eligible to ERR: 1727/10619 (16.26%)
ZKC and ZBW make up 414 of the CPC's eligible, and are the only two centers eligible

some stats for this panel

Total facilities eligible to release 58/314 (18.47%)
Total possible releases FAA wide: 102
CPC eligible to ERR: 1727/10619 (16.26%)
ZKC and ZBW make up 414 of the CPC's eligible, and are the only two centers eligible

I glanced at the new vacancy/priority and facility category lists yesterday on the ksn site. Any chance you can (if you are allowed) post them here as well? Also is it possible this late in the process to withdraw an ERR for a particular facility?

I glanced at the new vacancy/priority and facility category lists yesterday on the ksn site. Any chance you can (if you are allowed) post them here as well? Also is it possible this late in the process to withdraw an ERR for a particular facility?
Yeah, I don't have the files yet. I can give a Dropbox link to anyone who's at work and will up them.

It's too late to withdraw, that deadline is the same as the submission.

MJ, can you tell us how many submitted ERRs for each facility like last time? I'm curious.

Sorry to continue my endless list of questions but how did you come up with 102 possible releases? I count nearly 150 controllers eligible to be released from Cat 1 & 2 facilities, and I'm not including the exempt category

I also count 73 facilities that are either Cat 1 or 2

Last edited:
Sorry to continue my endless list of questions but how did you come up with 102 possible releases? I count nearly 150 controllers eligible to be released from Cat 1 & 2 facilities, and I'm not including the exempt category

I also count 73 facilities that are either Cat 1 or 2
What are you using to count from

I can't comment on that because I don't have those files yet. Using the ppt numbers is how I calculated the above post.

Edit: From the priority list, there are 140 total potential releases. I just glanced at a few of the facilities to try and find the discrepancy. It's possible they changed "buffer" point lower. It's also possible that they simply rounded numbers to create this list. My gut feeling leans towards the latter.

Last edited:
So what is the number at the far right of the ppt, we are 27/30 cpc so 90% staffed but with projected losses due to wash outs and retirements the far right number has us at like 83.4% which is lower then the 85% or whatever they show?

Oh did I mention how dumb this process is!?!? FML

So what is the number at the far right of the ppt, we are 27/30 cpc so 90% staffed but with projected losses due to wash outs and retirements the far right number has us at like 83.4% which is lower then the 85% or whatever they show?

Oh did I mention how dumb this process is!?!? FML
Projected staffing. Washouts are accounted for in projected gains, not losses.

So why is the number of projections higher than national avg? If that number was the same as national average we would probably be a category.

So why is the number of projections higher than national avg? If that number was the same as national average we would probably be a category.
Not sure what you mean. Your projected staffing is less than the national projected staffing. You need one more body to be cat 2
TUL

Projected staffing is a guess; essentially an imaginary number. If you're thinking it's retarded that an imaginary number can have complete control over your career, welcome to the club.

How soon after the panel meets have selections gotten posted and folks notified?

The past two NCEPTs the selection list was posted on the second day of the panel meeting. So if that continues, they'll post the selection list on Friday, Dec 9.

I think the official notifications/phone calls were going out the following week with TOLs issued within two weeks of the NCEPT meeting.

The past two NCEPTs the selection list was posted on the second day of the panel meeting. So if that continues, they'll post the selection list on Friday, Dec 9.

I think the official notifications/phone calls were going out the following week with TOLs issued within two weeks of the NCEPT meeting.

This is going to be a loooong week then.

Is the December data that has already been published the final numbers/categories that this week's panel will be going off of? My facility had an expected loss off the boards last week and I'm wondering if that will make us unable to release someone now.

Back
Top Bottom