1st QTR 2017

Anyone want to post where they're at/where they applied to this round?
We're working on a tool which will do this anonymously.

This is going to be a loooong week then.

Is the December data that has already been published the final numbers/categories that this week's panel will be going off of? My facility had an expected loss off the boards last week and I'm wondering if that will make us unable to release someone now.
The real time data is used to the best of my knowledge. That's why they put "estimated" on all the lists.

Today is likely the day they will post the results of the 1st Quarter NCEPT panel. Last time they posted it on the NATCA website on the first day of the panel at 3pm eastern time. It took another day for it to get posted to KSN, but if they follow the same pattern, it should be on the NATCA website by this afternoon.

As far as what data they go off of, my belief is that they use the last generated priority placement tool, that's why it's listed as part of the NCEPT timeline. I think they just say "estimated" to protect themselves if they end up making changes. We'll see though, my facility had a retirement last week so it should be pretty clear after the selections come out if they're using current data or the last monthly generated PPT data.

I was assuming it was going to be tomorrow afternoon.

Well this day might have just become much more nervewracking!

As far as what data they go off of, my belief is that they use the last generated priority placement tool, that's why it's listed as part of the NCEPT timeline
I thought so too, but as people are selected they update numbers. I guess they could use stale numbers, it would be consistent with the rest of the shit show.

Looks like it's still not on the NATCA site but my Facrep emailed us the selection list if anyone wants to know if they're on it. Not savvy enough to post it without the names.

Here's one with a few characters of the last name left visible, so you know if YOU'RE the one from your facility going. I got burned on that one last round.

Attachments

• Dec 2016 NCEPT Selections.pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 120
@Robertb Casper not corpus lol

Edit: i saw your post I'm not crazy

Hahaha I just deleted it because I was happy to have someone from a higher level facility transferring here potentially, Googled "KCPR," found out it wasn't Corpus, went through severe depression, and then decided to delete my post...

I'll raise my glass to another level five up/down controller solving the staffing crisis here!

@Robertb Casper not corpus lol
Edit: i saw your post I'm not crazy

65 total selections. :poop:
I saw CPR, did a double take since it's close to CRP, almost forgot the code for my own airport for a second.
Can't fault anyone from Casper trying to move facilities, smart to take the chance if you're able and just see what happens.

I saw CPR, did a double take since it's close to CRP, almost forgot the code for my own airport for a second.
Can't fault anyone from Casper trying to move facilities, smart to take the chance if you're able and just see what happens.
Not at all. Everyone has to play the same crappy game.

So I guess mutual swaps make it OK for you to go below the national average? GRR is at 19/22 and could only release 1. However, they lost someone to ORD and one to a mutual swap with TVC. TVC was Cat 1/Cat 2 Exempt. So it looks like exceptions are made for mutual swaps now?

if one of the trainees at each fac got rated prior to the panel they would have met the cat criteria. LAS was predicted for only 2 slots and got 4.
One of three things happened:
  1. actual staffing changed between the document release and the panel;
  2. the rules were changed without letting anyone know (again);
  3. they do what they want.

Back
Top Bottom