2024 NATCA President Election

Can we get this Erin White lady to be our president? She knows her shit and how to get the point across

“staffing and safety are the FAAs function”

I’ll never understand acting like that isn’t NATCAs function either. It is pay AND WORKING CONDITIONS. Natca should be getting us more pay, ensuring FAA properly staffs the NAS to mitigate OT 6/10s and allow movement throughout the NAS, and pushing for better equipment and facilities for us.
Yes. they spend our dues money to advocate for the the agency to do its mandated job, like hire enough people. It’s fucking sad.

Imagine if ALPA had to lobby for the airlines to do maintenance or repack emergency slides?

Is staffing important, yes. Should petitioning the employer to kindly please staff their facilities in their agency to their own target numbers be the number one priority of a labor organization? No, the number one priority should be making sure my pay keeps pace with inflation and then getting me 3-5% yearly raise (raise, as in beating inflation).

Do we need to spend millions of dollars in dues in Vegas and bi-yearly conventions to achieve that goal? Getting together with the boys in Vegas is going to fix staffing?

Cash is king. Fix the pay and then focus on staffing. You can advocate for an ASDE in AUS to your heart's content when the purchasing power of our salary is equal to or greater than it was during the Green Book.
It’s also worth noting that pay could be fixed tomorrow. That would be something you would see the next pay period. Low hanging fruit.

They can open up an academy in every state and it will still take years before that effect is felt

That's not really how that works. The airlines will ask for privatization and a seat at the table over anything else. The FAA will just do dumb shit like the the N90 relocation or mass decrees about fatigue and pretend to solve the problem.
A mass decree about fatigue would likely make Congress jump to a conclusion that we are understaffed. The agency will likely never play that card.

“The length”. Not the actual extension.

I don’t know how many times people need to be reminded of their 5/10 schedules, low air traffic volume, low inflation, zero interest rates, massive layoffs, including pilots, we would have had a terrible chance at gaining shit at that time.

No one foresaw the nasty inflation coming. And no one was bitching about not training anyone at the time. We are paying for it now.
Does the length have to be every 5 years now?

Yes. they spend our dues money to advocate for the the agency to do its mandated job, like hire enough people. It’s fucking sad.

Imagine if ALPA had to lobby for the airlines to do maintenance or repack emergency slides?
They did lobby to ensure enhanced oversight on manufacturing was included into FAA reauth. They were in multiple senate hearings to Congress on this and safety. FAA admin is talking to Congress today about it ironically.

Just like what we deal with on an everyday basis at the local level.. the union is there to ensure the FAA does their job. If the union isn’t there the FAA would be even worse than every other 3 letter agency

“The length”. Not the actual extension.

I don’t know how many times people need to be reminded of their 5/10 schedules, low air traffic volume, low inflation, zero interest rates, massive layoffs, including pilots, we would have had a terrible chance at gaining shit at that time.

No one foresaw the nasty inflation coming. And no one was bitching about not training anyone at the time. We are paying for it now.
Except everyone who was in training at the time. Got screwed over pretty bigly and is now voting as well.

Except everyone who was in training at the time. Got screwed over pretty bigly and is now voting as well.
I’m not sure they got screwed over. They got paid to sit at home and have a second job if they wanted. NAVCANADA laid all their devs off. So comparably they had it really good.

I’m not sure they got screwed over. They got paid to sit at home and have a second job if they wanted. NAVCANADA laid all their devs off. So comparably they had it really good.
Losing a year or two of your 25 years of raises makes a pretty big impact on your lifelong earnings and retirement. The academy reopened after just like 6 months or so but natca never pushed to get the working devs back to work quickly. Living on AG or D1 indefinitely is not good. Frankly the whole developmental level system should just go away in the new contract.

Losing a year or two of your 25 years of raises makes a pretty big impact on your lifelong earnings and retirement. The academy reopened after just like 6 months or so but natca never pushed to get the working devs back to work quickly. Living on AG or D1 indefinitely is not good. Frankly the whole developmental level system should just go away in the new contract.
not to mention it delays you being able to transfer

I was just told this story...

When NDJH were here cooking burgers... Nick was approached by a JD supporter who said "Im for Justin Dailey, he's a REAL CONTROLLER who wont waste our dues money on alcohol and yachts!" And Nick laughed and said "JD? that guys a fu*&ng joke, don't waste your vote!" JD supporter said "this is exactly why I wont vote for you corrupt establishment f*&ks !" , and supposedly Nick pretended not to hear it!

NDJH is mocking JD, who has thousands of supporters. Not good.
Sounds made up.

I was just told this story...

When NDJH were here cooking burgers... Nick was approached by a JD supporter who said "Im for Justin Dailey, he's a REAL CONTROLLER who wont waste our dues money on alcohol and yachts!" And Nick laughed and said "JD? that guys a fu*&ng joke, don't waste your vote!" JD supporter said "this is exactly why I wont vote for you corrupt establishment f*&ks !" , and supposedly Nick pretended not to hear it!

NDJH is mocking JD, who has thousands of supporters. Not good.
Got damn, those assholes are worse than I thought.

I got to speak on the phone with Justin the other day and will truly say that guys is an icon of what we need! He was even saying, he has a 5% chance of winning, but his hopes are behind what comes after this election when people see there are people like him out there that can actually spark change and at least give us all a bit of hope until things actually get turned around. He his truly for the hard-working controller because he is one!

Don't forget not bring able to train cause social distancing but still able to work next to your trainer as a D-Side

Got damn, those assholes are worse than I thought.

I got to speak on the phone with Justin the other day and will truly say that guys is an icon of what we need! He was even saying, he has a 5% chance of winning, but his hopes are behind what comes after this election when people see there are people like him out there that can actually spark change and at least give us all a bit of hope until things actually get turned around. He his truly for the hard-working controller because he is one!
Each election the outsider candidate garners more and more votes. The sad part is by the time one might get elected, we will be so far down the rabbit hole...

The point was Natca was like we saved all your jobs even when there were zero federal layoffs. So it was funny. Kind of like when they bragged about PPL. Starting to see a theme here.
They bragged about PPL because if it wasn’t for the union then we would’ve never been retroactively included.

They meant to not include us on purpose. Natca found out and then got us included. If there was no Natca we still wouldn’t be included. Not hard to understand

Each election the outsider candidate garners more and more votes. The sad part is by the time one might get elected, we will be so far down the rabbit hole...
We really need some rules about being off the boards for your whole career. But passing an amendment like that is even harder than electing an outsider. We couldn’t even get an amendment to vote on extensions.

They bragged about PPL because if it wasn’t for the union then we would’ve never been retroactively included.

They meant to not include us on purpose. Natca found out and then got us included. If there was no Natca we still wouldn’t be included. Not hard to understand
Retroactively? My daughter was born just before we got PPL and I didn't get shit.

Back
Top Bottom