2nd Quarter 2017

Is it too late to add Joshua Control to my ERR forms?
I've always thought that would be a cool place to spend a little time.

My facility is listed as cat 1 or 2 exempt. Our number is 17, current cpc is 15. Able to pick up 1 person. So based on this nobody from here will be looked at for err's on this panel? Or is a waiver possible with the .2% below national avaerage mumbo jumbo?

I know the math is done kind of weird.. but if your facility is listed as having 2 controllers over the national average any chance that means two people can leave?

I know the math is done kind of weird.. but if your facility is listed as having 2 controllers over the national average any chance that means two people can leave?
It depends on the individual facility, it's why you see some Cat I or Cat II exempt facilities with 1 above and some with 0.

No. You guys are at 20/22, technically Cat I. If you release 1 that will drop you to Cat II exempt. The drop from 19/22 to 18/22 puts you below the national average and outside the 0.2% buffer.

We can't solve the staffing issues at C90 and N90 so we will just remove them from the priority list! Hell, they've about given up on A80 as well. Worse staffing than C90 and we've slid down to number 40...

We can't solve the staffing issues at C90 and N90 so we will just remove them from the priority list! Hell, they've about given up on A80 as well. Worse staffing than C90 and we've slid down to number 40...
I think the reason is they're not taking ERRs to N90 or C90, only through the usajobs bid now.
But it does beg the question how long are they gonna stick with this?

I don't remotely know how A80 and I90 slid so far down the list. I90 was 9th on the priority list in January when they needed 15 people, they now need 20 and they dropped to 39. If N90/C90 are transitioning to bids only. A80 should be locked in at 1.

Why would there be so many tower onlys in the top 20? It seems to me that there's such a tiny tiny percentage of facilities that can even let anyone go according to this stupid process and of that tiny percent most of them are low level tower only because they can replenish their own staffing so quickly that whats happening is this 'high priority' facilities (except N90 A80 C90) are probably getting lots of request but having to choose from a list of CPCs from mostly low level towers and any CPC with a radar ticket that's lucky enough to be released would be more highly desired as a candidate. And these lucky few are possibly being claimed by 'high priority' tower only before a higher level tracon would even have a shot at picking them. And you'd think the agency would think a CPC with a radar ticket has a higher success rate at a busier tracon than an AG who checked out in a 5 tower.
I understand you'd have to bid a certain place in order to get picked up but my point is you'd think the general trend would be for tracon's to be higher for the most part.

Another thing that really sucks is that this MOU allows facilities to release waves of people who want out, shoot back up to the top of the priority list, replenish their numbers to cat1/2 levels, and release people again. All the while many facilities don't get to release a single person. Look at NCT and SFO. Both were able to release lots of controllers during the first panel. Now they're already back up at or near the top of the list and I'm sure will get lots of transfers.

You guys are getting soooo screwed by this :(

Another thing that really sucks is that this MOU allows facilities to release waves of people who want out, shoot back up to the top of the priority list, replenish their numbers to cat1/2 levels, and release people again. All the while many facilities don't get to release a single person. Look at NCT and SFO. Both were able to release lots of controllers during the first panel. Now they're already back up at or near the top of the list and I'm sure will get lots of transfers.

You guys are getting soooo screwed by this :(
It works the same on a much lower level as well. It seems like the golden staffing number is 11. Take a look at ORL, they've released a bunch of people and continue to get replenished, where facilities with 13, 15, etc continue to sit at Cat 1/2 exempt and get pushed further and further down the terminal placement list each panel without getting a single trainee.

There is no way in hell this priority list is correct. MEM being higher than A80? I know for a fact is wrong. They're talking of letting 2 go this panel and only a few there are eligible to retire. I would be willing to bet that before the NCEPT meets they will look at these numbers and make a correction prior to selections. There's no way a facility on mandatory OT is lower priority than most of these facilities in the top 50.

Last edited:
There is no way in hell this priority list is correct. MEM being higher than A80? I know for a fact is wrong. They're talking of letting 2 go this panel and only a few there are eligible to retire. I would be willing to bet that before the NCEPT meets they will look at these numbers and make a correction prior to selections. There's no way a facility on mandatory OT is lower priority than most of these facilities. In the top 50.
I have the same feeling. Even for them its pretty screwy.

Back
Top Bottom