3rd Quarter 2017

They have to pull new data the day of NCEPT. That is the only way the numbers and hiring orders make sense. DFW and IAH were both high up the list and received crappy selections.

You assume they received crappy selections. They got who they asked for. Both Level 5 Tower pickups for DFW are the FacReps for ADS and NEW. But wait, there's more! Yep, they were ranked number 1 and 5 on the ATMs ranking list. Don't know which was which.

So the good ole boy system is still in play. I met the DFW ATM before the March NCEPT, seemingly a nice guy. I don't have enough info to say whether he is good or not. But he did tell me, in a public area that he would confer with the FacRep on the list.

I'm central service I believe, I received TOL Friday and started the security stuff today I guess Centers require a different security clearance from terminal.
Guess all of you were trying to do your security stuff.. the site was having issues when I tried.

You assume they received crappy selections. They got who they asked for. Both Level 5 Tower pickups for DFW are the FacReps for ADS and NEW. But wait, there's more! Yep, they were ranked number 1 and 5 on the ATMs ranking list. Don't know which was which.

So the good ole boy system is still in play. I met the DFW ATM before the March NCEPT, seemingly a nice guy. I don't have enough info to say whether he is good or not. But he did tell me, in a public area that he would confer with the FacRep on the list.
What if those level 5 controllers were previously certified at a level 8 and level 9 up/down.....you can't just assume thats the only facilities they have been at. They were picked up for a reason, not because of their stellar level 5 traffic.

Yeah because they were facreps
Oh I'm not saying that the facrep thing wasn't complete horse shit but I'm pretty sure the two picked up had been to higher level facs.....so the argument shouldn't be their experience it should be with the "coincidence" of the high number of fac reps selected over other candidates

Oh I'm not saying that the facrep thing wasn't complete horse shit but I'm pretty sure the two picked up had been to higher level facs.....so the argument shouldn't be their experience it should be with the "coincidence" of the high number of fac reps selected over other candidates

Do you have knowledge of their previous facilities or are you trying to find another reason for their pickup?

I personally know the guy going from ADS to DFW... He was previously certified at a higher level facility. I am not saying that him being the facrep didn't factor in, I have no idea. But he was raised in Texas and took his first assignment out of the Academy and has since been trying to get back to Texas. He took the job at ADS specifically as a foot in the door at DFW. Why not pick someone local, who knows the local airports, procedures, and even some of the LOAs? DFW is the facility he will retire from. So before you go getting bent out of shape because someone else got picked instead of you, just know they might have a backstory and just because you can only see the facility they are currently at doesn't mean they haven't been elsewhere. Get off your high horse. Maybe you should consider being more proactive and making yourself more desirable. My friend did just that. He took a lower job in the metro area he wanted because he knew that historically that is where his dream facility picked from.

Do you have knowledge of their previous facilities or are you trying to find another reason for their pickup?
Well I knew he had been other places now GBP just confirmed also. It's easy of sidelining and saying wtf are they thinking when we don't know the full scope of the situation all the time...I'm guilty of it

I personally know the guy going from ADS to DFW... He was previously certified at a higher level facility. I am not saying that him being the facrep didn't factor in, I have no idea. But he was raised in Texas and took his first assignment out of the Academy and has since been trying to get back to Texas. He took the job at ADS specifically as a foot in the door at DFW. Why not pick someone local, who knows the local airports, procedures, and even some of the LOAs? DFW is the facility he will retire from. So before you go getting bent out of shape because someone else got picked instead of you, just know they might have a backstory and just because you can only see the facility they are currently at doesn't mean they haven't been elsewhere. Get off your high horse. Maybe you should consider being more proactive and making yourself more desirable. My friend did just that. He took a lower job in the metro area he wanted because he knew that historically that is where his dream facility picked from.

While I'm sure he is a good guy, you have at least one fact wrong. DFW has not ever historically picked up from ADS. The DFW washouts go to ADS and other surrounding facilities. More likely he took ADS to get a foot in the door at DAL, who ironically has not picked up anyone from ADS since 2011, then to DFW.

And everyone has a back story, not just him. The agency is screwed up on nearly every level. This time though OUR union helped to negotiate a system where the level 5 controllers are free to jump to 12s passing those that have been waiting as long or longer than your friend. That is where the problem lies, not just the "system" but the system OUR union and supposedly our voices had a hand in making. There is someone to blame now, and it is the union negotiators.

So are we supposed to be the metaphorical dog that keeps getting beat by it's master yet expected to return with our tails wagging like nothing happened? That has happened way too long in my FAA career, and I refuse to come back like that asking for another.

It's important to remember what the problem is. It's not people from a lvl 5 or 6 or anything else. They are subject to the same lousy rules everyone else is. There are people who were working at Starbucks a week ago who are getting sent to level 12s. The problem is the process not the people being subjected to it.

Welcome to the club, we have a hell of a group heading there.

Found out today that my ATM and ZTL agreed on 8th of July for me. We have some pending certifications in next 6 months so may be able to renegotiate later if we become cat 1. See y'all there

Back
Top Bottom