3rd Quarter 2017

So here's a question. I'm Flight Service in Alaska and it is a 2152/bargaining unit position. Digging it up here but my fiancé would like to be closer to her family on the East Coast because of some health stuff with her folks. No previous experience or anything like that unfortunately and I'm under 31 so looking at 5/6 towers. Would that even be possible or is there no point in even trying to ERR and just go straight to hardship? Still trying to figure out the PPT but a lot of those questions have been answered in this thread. Thanks all!

Just to put it out there, the Central district DM was trying to block/delay one of the ERR selections from this panel. It's the third example of this that I personally know of, so be warned of potential meddling if your in the district.

Just to put it out there, the Central district DM was trying to block/delay one of the ERR selections from this panel. It's the third example of this that I personally know of, so be warned of potential meddling if your in the district.
Sigh.. Sadly that's why I think my swap never made it to the NCEPT. Both our letters made it to the region, but not any farther.

Blocking someone coming in or going out... I'm still waiting for my FOL.

I was told by the Employee Services Team Lead that in at least my situation "The order selections are made is based on the managers ranking."

Caught me by surprise, bc I thought it was more likely to be by seniority or ERR submission date. I do have an FOL, but now I question whether or not I was entitled to an earlier release date. Problem is, it's like pulling teeth to get the information to clearly settle the matter.

If two people are selected for the same facility from the same facility, paperwork date is the tie breaker, but I think that is the only time. Other than that it is selection order. That is what HR explained to me a while back.

If two people are selected for the same facility from the same facility, paperwork date is the tie breaker, but I think that is the only time. Other than that it is selection order. That is what HR explained to me a while back.
Submission date is only a tiebreaker in the case of a tie. There's actually officially no ties according the way the process is supposed to work so when there are ties it's because the managers ranking list was done incorrectly.
Basically what happens is a manager/Rep will choose to protest by not ranking people he flat out doesn't want under any circumstance. Or rank them all 99 etc.
If 2 are selected for the same facility from the same facility and the list was completed correctly you won't be tied

All higher level recieving facilities hate this process even more than the people waiting to bid out of their first facility. They're getting too few bodies they're almost entirely bodies they would have never chosen otherwise.

So how to I double check the manager ranking list if I can't get access to it? I was told by NATCA that I was selected first. However, I didn't receive the earlier, Cat 1 release date that being selected 1st is entitled.

Back
Top Bottom