4 8's

For anyone with their ear to the tracks, how realistic is this? When I read it, I roll my eyes; is this a 5 year goal, 10 year, or a NATCA pipe dream of "lOoK wHat wE're wOrkiNg on fOr yoU...."

(losers on 6 day work weeks need not comment.)

For anyone with their ear to the tracks, how realistic is this? When I read it, I roll my eyes; is this a 5 year goal, 10 year, or a NATCA pipe dream of "lOoK wHat wE're wOrkiNg on fOr yoU...."

If this happens during my career I’ll let you smash my hummingbird on a train track

Im totally on board, but last time they tried this Reagan fired us all. Though ya I'd rather they push for this than making sure I don't misgender a quadcopter.

Lol, NATCA already said the contract is as good as it could ever be and that it would simply be insulting to ask for more. That’s why they renewed the contract without negotiations, even in the most labor friendly administration ever and still with a trillion dollars in unused stimulus money out there.

So 4 8’s is equally as unrealistic and nuts as expecting something like a 1.7% raise in June one day rather then the 1.6%.

Lol our leave balance is trash. Family member in VA immediately got 8hrs every check when hired. We wait 15yrs for literally no reason it never made sense to me….

Lol our leave balance is trash. Family member in VA immediately got 8hrs every check when hired. We wait 15yrs for literally no reason it never made sense to me….
How did that work though? Did they have 14.999 years of federal service when hired? The whole 8 hrs at 15 years isn't ATC specific, it's all federal jobs. I had 5 years in another federal agency when I started the FAA, so 10 years after that I got to 8 hrs. Does the VA actually have a special deal? Seriously asking because I've never heard of this...

How did that work though? Did they have 14.999 years of federal service when hired? The whole 8 hrs at 15 years isn't ATC specific, it's all federal jobs. I had 5 years in another federal agency when I started the FAA, so 10 years after that I got to 8 hrs. Does the VA actually have a special deal? Seriously asking because I've never heard of this...
You can negotiate stuff like that in other jobs. I know a doctor that just got hire for the VA and she got all benefits like she’s been there 20 year.

They had to have some prior federal service, OPM clearly outlines the leave policy for earning/using/etc...

Back
Top Bottom