A80

Hey Robertb,
How well did the last to ZME controllers do? Did they struggle a lot? I've been fully certified at ZNY for 3 years, and am highly highly considering putting in the ERR paperwork, however, I'd rather not have to eat crow being unsuccessful there. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to work hard, keep my head in the books and bear down for the 1-2 years of being a trainee again -- I would just rather not end up back at ZNY with my tail in between my legs. I know the generic -- if you can you can, if you can't see ya type of thing, just curious as to how those two did (in terms of struggling, or picking it up right away), and if you do know, did they have any terminal experience?

I was OTS when I was initially hired, and had no air traffic background, and ended up making it at ZNY. I'm pretty comfortable here, but would like to get off Long Island ;P

Hey Robertb,
How well did the last to ZME controllers do? Did they struggle a lot? I've been fully certified at ZNY for 3 years, and am highly highly considering putting in the ERR paperwork, however, I'd rather not have to eat crow being unsuccessful there. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to work hard, keep my head in the books and bear down for the 1-2 years of being a trainee again -- I would just rather not end up back at ZNY with my tail in between my legs. I know the generic -- if you can you can, if you can't see ya type of thing, just curious as to how those two did (in terms of struggling, or picking it up right away), and if you do know, did they have any terminal experience?

I was OTS when I was initially hired, and had no air traffic background, and ended up making it at ZNY. I'm pretty comfortable here, but would like to get off Long Island ;P
They had no terminal experience and did well in training. They were on the other side of the schedule, but I never heard anything bad about them. If you're honest with yourself, you'll know quickly whether you can get it or not. If you're a good controller, you'll get it. If you anxiously wait for the next available break during a push, you'll struggle and most likely be back at ZNY.

Hey Robert, is the paid bid not happening? Seems they are having a special panel in October to pick people up but guess they aren't planning to do a c90/n90 pay incentive?
We were always told by the union and the agency we would receive a paid move bid. This priority release is going to help a ton. If it doesn't, the agency will have to start shelling out move money.

Wow... So apparently no one was supposed to know that they are holding a special panel for A80 selections next week. Of course, this is the FAA so naturally nothing stays secret for long. They were going to run the panel to select from old ERRs. Since word got out, they have received at least ONE HUNDRED extra ERRs for A80.

I don't think they will need to shell out move money.

Wow... So apparently no one was supposed to know that they are holding a special panel for A80 selections next week. Of course, this is the FAA so naturally nothing stays secret for long. They were going to run the panel to select from old ERRs. Since word got out, they have received at least ONE HUNDRED extra ERRs for A80.

Lol and the deadline isn't even here yet! I did find it humorous how they've gone about it. There's no information on the KSN. An email was put out on the FacRep listserv, but depending on the quality of your FacRep, that information may have never been forwarded. I have to imagine RobertB posting the information here has a lot to do with the new 100+ applicants. Good for A80, I'm glad they're able to catch a break.

They could easily fix it by using an earlier submission date as a cutoff. Like using the last panels cutoff.

It allows those that tried to ERR before the MOU to have more of a shot, and cuts out all the punters who are just desperately using it to get out on a priority release

No one can ever say I'm not trying to staff this place and get out of mandatory overtime. With the no NEST clause in the priority release, if you don't make it, you go back right back to where you came from. I want 200+ on the ERR list and choose the heavy hitters.

When will the PPT list will have been generated for this extra panel being held next week? The most current list on the Natca website shows current as of 8/30 and I'm wondering if they're likely to use that one or generate a new one from mid September.

What part? Them keeping it quiet? Or a bunch of people getting wind of it and rushing the door, beating out or at least competing with people that actually want to go to these facilities and had their paperwork in previously?
I'm not understanding the issue... If they get picked up and fail, they go right back to where they came from so there isn't the advantage of getting selected and then playing the NEST lotto. If someone at say (S46,S56,SCT,I90,M98, whatever other large tracon), wants to come here but never put in their paperwork because their facility wasn't eligible to release anyone with this new crap system, but now they can get out, why shouldn't that person trump the level 6 controller who has had their paperwork in for the last two years? That higher certified radar controller is a hell of a lot more qualified and statistically likely to succeed here.

If someone at say (S46,S56,SCT,I90,M98, whatever other large tracon), wants to come here but never put in their paperwork because their facility wasn't eligible to release anyone with this new crap system, but now they can get out, why shouldn't that person trump the level 6 controller who has had their paperwork in for the last two years? That higher certified radar controller is a hell of a lot more qualified and statistically likely to succeed here.

I (for whatever reason) thought that the new A80 MOU meant that my husband could now get out of his facility that keeps wavering between green and red. Like you were saying, he "never put in their paperwork because their facility wasn't eligible to release anyone with this new crap system, but now they can get out." But after talking with HR today, she said that the ERRs from any red facility do not even get sent to the selection panel next week. Now I'm super worried that his facility will be red when they pull the list next week.

Is this understanding correct? An employee from a red facility cannot even be looked at on an NCEPT panel?

Back
Top Bottom