December (Q1) 2020

I hope DFW is easier to get picked up at then D10. D10 is snobby with who it takes. Has NCEPT fixed this?

I once heard one of their reps make someone cry by telling them they had "0 chance" to ever get picked up there unless they could get "somewhere like San Antonio first". The person told me "wow man, that was my dream facility, he just crushed my dreams". A Greta Thunberg type moment!

View attachment 3190
NCEPT was supposed to fix things like the San Antonio to D10 feeder facility crap. I never believed in Feeder Facilities anyway. Unless they were overstaffed I'm sure D10 got slammed with a bunch of level five ERRs too though, everyone did as some low level facilities were the only ones releasing for awhile.

NCEPT was supposed to fix things like the San Antonio to D10 feeder facility crap. I never believed in Feeder Facilities anyway. Unless they were overstaffed I'm sure D10 got slammed with a bunch of level five ERRs too though, everyone did as some low level facilities were the only ones releasing for awhile.

Good points. I witnessed the crying incident firsthand but I have only heard anecdotally a lot of other crazy things. Like someone told me when the rodeo is in town they have sick outs and fight over leave lol. I wonder if the Level 5's they got "stuck with" they washed out? Will be interesting to monitor this going forward in December Q1. NCEPT was supposed to fix situations just like this!

SAT hasn’t released anyone under NCEPT, FYI.
That's been my favorite part about NCEPT...high level facilities telling controllers to go to the mid-level places if they want to be picked up. But then they're now never eligible to be released from the mid-levels.
Kinda shows how clueless a lot of higher-level people are about NCEPT even still.

That's been my favorite part about NCEPT...high level facilities telling controllers to go to the mid-level places if they want to be picked up. But then they're now never eligible to be released from the mid-levels.
Kinda shows how clueless a lot of higher-level people are about NCEPT even still.

People who are at the high level facilities are usually* ones who don’t need to move. If I didn’t want to further my career I wouldn’t know anything about it lol. Wouldn’t that be nice! I’ve known more about ncept than anyone in my last two facilities with no change in sight lol. That includes ATMs and FacReps.

SAT hasn’t released anyone under NCEPT, FYI.

Yes they did, and they’re not having a good time with it.

So they're either crying on the front end or the back end eh? Cry cry cry either way. Like the halls of the MMAC on PV day. Still, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all! Let em transfer!

Last edited by a moderator:
NCEPT was never supposed to fix feeder facility bias

NCEPT was never supposed to fix feeder facility bias
It was only peoples misperception that it would. That’s all I heard from people day one NCEPT was announced. That’s why I’ve always said the good ole boy program is alive and well, only subject to staffing and the whims of the NCEPT Panel.....

I would never rely on the “feeder facility” unless you just want to get to the area ASAP. Too many temp ATMs and retirements to have any standard hiring practice.

Anybody have access to lists that can say how many names DFW and IAH had to pick from for their sole selection?

Back
Top Bottom