December (Q1) 2020

JNev

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
MRY Monterey Tower
People from MRY have in for: DALx3, CRQ, SAN, SNA, NCT, IAH, HOU, PHX, MCO, ORD, MDW, PWK, MSP, and VNY

fknlo

they can’t? cuz I’m pulling for there too
I don't believe so but I'm not even close to 100% sure. I feel like my only real hope is that I could be one of the "special circumstance" exceptions or whatever as I'd hopefully be able to waiver past the training department if they put me in my old area.

Alpha_bravo2

Trusted Contributor
This is just speculation on my part but I think the special circumstances has more to do with a facility release someone to a facility above 85%. Just a guess on my part.

I have in for 9 facilities but the only one able to select under the latest rules would be MIA. I'm hoping that being CAT 1 will mean something come selection time.

axman

Trusted Contributor
I don’t know if this clarifies anything for anyone but this was from someone close to the NCEPT process:
“Once all of the gaining facilities hit 85% projected, they only moved additional people to them if the losing facility was over 100% and it made sense.”

Alpha_bravo2

Trusted Contributor
Did anyone actually figure out what gained and lost due to the "extraordinary circumstances" on the last panel.

tonyandmanda

I don’t know if this clarifies anything for anyone but this was from someone close to the NCEPT process:
“Once all of the gaining facilities hit 85% projected, they only moved additional people to them if the losing facility was over 100% and it made sense.”
This makes sense because I actually looked at the last panel and evaluated it (yes I’m that bored) and 14 facilities picked up people where the gaining facility was above 85%, but below 90%, and the losing facility was above 100% (most well over 100%). One losing facility had a 96% projected I believe but it was to OAK, so that make sense why they got picked. Most of them seemed to be region to region too. Like a smaller facility in the same region moved up to a higher level.

14 people selected above the 85% is actually pretty good I think with only 80 selections. Seems like most people are thinking there’s a zero chance. It’s definitely a possibility if your facility is projected well over 100%.

Mikeyanker

FAA
Facility
STL St. Louis Tower
This makes sense because I actually looked at the last panel and evaluated it (yes I’m that bored) and 14 facilities picked up people where the gaining facility was above 85%, but below 90%, and the losing facility was above 100% (most well over 100%). One losing facility had a 96% projected I believe but it was to OAK, so that make sense why they got picked. Most of them seemed to be region to region too. Like a smaller facility in the same region moved up to a higher level.

14 people selected above the 85% is actually pretty good I think with only 80 selections. Seems like most people are thinking there’s a zero chance. It’s definitely a possibility if your facility is projected well over 100%.
I appreciate your boredom. Lol. Hoping CVG gets a second round shot since we are at 97% proj.... I guess there’s a little hope.

Flyaboveall

Any word on them letting up on that? Maybe going back to the original rules of NCEPT?

Any selections to facilities over 90% projected? Seems like they only filled to the national average after filling facilities first to 85%

tonyandmanda

Any word on them letting up on that? Maybe going back to the original rules of NCEPT?

Any selections to facilities over 90% projected? Seems like they only filled to the national average after filling facilities first to 85%
There were no selections over 90% on the last panel. The highest was 89.6 I believe.