December (Q1) 2020

Dude, go to MKE, it’s a coveted “feeder facility” for MSP and Minneapolis Approach. MKE is the bomb, you only have to train for 2.5 years so they can watch you work both the tower and radar during Oshkosh week. You can make level 8 pay based primarily on VFRs, we all know how fun that is. Do you know that the Algonquin pronunciation for Milwaukee is mil’-E-wall’-key’? Plus when you check out and in the rare times MKE can release a person you can get on the list of 30+ people competing for MSP. Don’t worry though, it’s a FEEDER FACILITY!!!! You will be ranked #1 on their list.

Can you provide a trigger warning next time?

Dude, go to MKE, it’s a coveted “feeder facility” for MSP and Minneapolis Approach. MKE is the bomb, you only have to train for 2.5 years so they can watch you work both the tower and radar during Oshkosh week. You can make level 8 pay based primarily on VFRs, we all know how fun that is. Do you know that the Algonquin pronunciation for Milwaukee is mil’-E-wall’-key’? Plus when you check out and in the rare times MKE can release a person you can get on the list of 30+ people competing for MSP. Don’t worry though, it’s a FEEDER FACILITY!!!! You will be ranked #1 on their list.

Didn't they take someone from flying cloud not too long ago?

Nope, the FacRep. Also one from ZMP. Fast release dates played a role as well. It will be interesting to see who they select if they get their 3 this round.
Hopefully it's me, not holding my breath though.

Good luck! MSP has 100% training success rate, that’s a good training program!

Yeah it looks like a great place to be. My wife is from there so it's the ultimate goal.

And thanks!

Why would an ATM get a list of eligible selections if they can't pick anyone up?
Under normal circumstance they would be able to get selections, but the new temporary rule b.s. blocks them from any hires as well.
Then you have the 9 and below facilities that usually can select up to 100% of target instead of the national average, but the new temp rules ruin that too. Dynamic decisions my ass....

Under normal circumstance they would be able to get selections, but the new temporary rule b.s. blocks them from any hires as well.
Then you have the 9 and below facilities that usually can select up to 100% of target instead of the national average, but the new temp rules ruin that too. Dynamic decisions my ass....

I'm confused. Can an ATM of a facility not eligible to select under the current rules see a list of people who applied?

I'm confused. Can an ATM of a facility not eligible to select under the current rules see a list of people who applied?
If they can select under normal rules, they can see everyone’s lists as well as receive a list to rank. They can also see the ranking of other facilities once they have been submitted. The NCEPT god may not give them any selections though.

I think that they're floating the idea of additional picks, otherwise why give lists to facs that can't select under the temp rules. Last round I got calls from CRP and they couldn't, this round I got a call from MEM and they can't pick either. So it's possible to be a dynamic decision

Back
Top Bottom