December (Q1) 2020

Found out I didn’t get chosen. My facility could release 1. The guy that was picked up was a lesser priority than my requests. When I went to NATCA office this afternoon to ask how he got picked up over me they said it was because he contributed more to the PAC than I did?!?!??? I heard the silly rumors on here that NATCA sees the list first and crosses off non members and then they started doing the same if you didn’t contribute to the PAC. I’m sure that’s all BS but is my PAC contribution some sort of tie breaker??? I’m not upset that the guy got picked up. He wanted to be closer to his family and I like my facility just wanted a new environment. Just wanted some clarification to this if anyone had heard anything. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and others. It’s been very useful and entertaining.
This is untrue

I'm hearing that no centers picked anyone up. Secondhand unverified info of course, but it seems like it was inferred by the facrep.

The PAC thing is 100% true and I'm surprised people don't know about it though it might be region/facility depending. I've heard of a certain facility ranking people as PAC, NATCA and then everyone else. Never heard the tie breaker but doesn't surprise me.

Sounds like some of y'all may have grounds to go after NATCA for unfair labor practice, if this all this PAC stuff is true. I wonder if PAC contribution s mysteriously go up around NCEPT time.

The PAC thing is 100% true and I'm surprised people don't know about it though it might be region/facility depending. I've heard of a certain facility ranking people as PAC, NATCA and then everyone else. Never heard the tie breaker but doesn't surprise me.
So what's the general rule of thumb for these PAC donations if you decide to do them?

Sounds like some of y'all may have grounds to go after NATCA for unfair labor practice, if this all this PAC stuff is true. I wonder if PAC contribution s mysteriously go up around NCEPT time.

I’m sure nobody was dumb enough to leave evidence and email it around. It would be near impossible to prove unless someone blows the ole whistle.
People aren’t understanding that they can use anything to determine who they hire, there is zero accountability. I’ve heard of facreps only hiring ladies that flirt with them at NATCA events, only NATCA members that served in a local union capacity etc.

I’m sure nobody was dumb enough to leave evidence and email it around. It would be near impossible to prove unless someone blows the ole whistle.
People aren’t understanding that they can use anything to determine who they hire, there is zero accountability. I’ve heard of facreps only hiring ladies that flirt with them at NATCA events, only NATCA members that served in a local union capacity etc.
I agree it would be extremely difficult to prove. I personally have never heard of ranking along these lines, but then again I never really thought NCEPT got rid of the good ole boy system.

Just off mid. Too many to respond to. To try and summarize: I do not know the numbers of people getting picked up for entire panel. I just know the only person in my facility to get picked up was told yesterday by someone in our local. It was him and another guy in our office that confirmed the PAC thing even though I should have been picked up before the other person. I wasn’t trying to get people to torch the union. Still a supporter. They do more good than bad. Anyone that was around for the white book knows how bad it can be and it seems the unions main focus is that we never get to that point again. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing and it seems like it’s a 50/50 thing depending on your facility. Thanks for all of your input again.

Last edited:
Just off mid. Too many to respond to. To try and summarize: I do not know the numbers of people getting picked up for entire panel. I just know the only person in my facility to get picked up was told yesterday by someone in our local. It was him and another guy in our office that confirmed the PAC thing even though I should have been picked up before the other person. I wasn’t trying to get people to torch the union. Still a supporter. They do more good than bad. Anyone that was around for the white book knows how bad it can be and it seems the unions main focus is that we never get to that point again. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing and it seems like it’s a 50/50 thing depending on your facility. Thanks for all of your input again.

Yeah but the two things aren't related so everyone in this scenario is misinformed. If you're saying that your facilities you had in for were higher priority than the one that picked him up, you just didn't get picked up because you weren't ranked high enough, but then he did later on. The two facilities' selection lists aren't related.

Edit: what people seem 50/50 on is whether facilities look at PAC contributions when making a decision, but that refers to two people bidding to the same facility. It seems like that's not the scenario you're in, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom