December (Q1) 2020

Found out I didn’t get chosen. My facility could release 1. The guy that was picked up was a lesser priority than my requests. When I went to NATCA office this afternoon to ask how he got picked up over me they said it was because he contributed more to the PAC than I did?!?!??? I heard the silly rumors on here that NATCA sees the list first and crosses off non members and then they started doing the same if you didn’t contribute to the PAC. I’m sure that’s all BS but is my PAC contribution some sort of tie breaker??? I’m not upset that the guy got picked up. He wanted to be closer to his family and I like my facility just wanted a new environment. Just wanted some clarification to this if anyone had heard anything. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and others. It’s been very useful and entertaining.
The good ole boy system was unwoven by the creation of NCEPT. Happy Holidays!

Found out I didn’t get chosen. My facility could release 1. The guy that was picked up was a lesser priority than my requests. When I went to NATCA office this afternoon to ask how he got picked up over me they said it was because he contributed more to the PAC than I did?!?!??? I heard the silly rumors on here that NATCA sees the list first and crosses off non members and then they started doing the same if you didn’t contribute to the PAC. I’m sure that’s all BS but is my PAC contribution some sort of tie breaker??? I’m not upset that the guy got picked up. He wanted to be closer to his family and I like my facility just wanted a new environment. Just wanted some clarification to this if anyone had heard anything. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and others. It’s been very useful and entertaining.
How did you find out?

The ATM has final say so on selections. They often delegate or cooperate with NATCA. So the FacRep can literally decide however they want to put names forward to management. They aren’t accountable in any way for their recommendations unfortunately. If they decide they only want people who contribute, and management let’s them choose, game over lol. Of course management may not know what the real reason for the FacReps recommendation.

That sounds awful. I don’t contribute to PAC and I got picked up last time ?‍♂️

That sounds awful. I don’t contribute to PAC and I got picked up last time ?‍♂️
There is no rhyme, reason or standard for selections. Every facility is different, and depending on changes in management/local union they can change every ncept unfortunately.

Get that in writing then file a ulp

I was just talking to a coworker about PAC donations. He said when he arrived at a new facility on hardship they immediately knew how much he was contributing to the PAC. Also said it has been one of the first questions asked to him when looking at other facilities. A similar question was asked to me by the facility that picked me up last NCEPT. There must be something to it.

This all just proves how messed up the system is. The people selecting should not be able to see whether you contribute to PAC or not and shouldn't be able to see what other ERRs you have in. This is just ripe for wrongdoing and unfairness.

This all just proves how messed up the system is. The people selecting should not be able to see whether you contribute to PAC or not and shouldn't be able to see what other ERRs you have in. This is just ripe for wrongdoing and unfairness.
What if, and hear me out, this dude only said that to get people riled up? Why would anyone at the national office look at this dude and flat out say "you got skipped because your PAC contrabutions suck"? More then likely anyone he'd ask today they'd say wait and see tomorrow. Email your RVP and ask to see if you got selected. Think you'll be told your PAC sucks or wait till tomorrow?

How much do you contribute? Asking for a friend.

What if, and hear me out, this dude only said that to get people riled up?

Even if he's lying about this instance, its actually still a truth broadly. And the fact that people take it serious show its not an outrageous accusation. Unless you think everyone are stupid gullible idiots!

Even if he's lying about this instance, its actually still a truth broadly. And the fact that people take it serious show its not an outrageous accusation. Unless you think everyone are stupid gullible idiots!
No, I think being told by national is a lie. Being told by the facrep who had a hand at that specific facility rankings that he was crossed off the list for a high ranking due to non-membership or low PAC, 100% believe.

No, I think being told by national is a lie. Being told by the facrep who had a hand at that specific facility rankings that he was crossed off the list for a high ranking due to non-membership or low PAC, 100% believe.

Agree, w the caveat that the guy who runs NCEPT has a low IQ and poor communication skills so any thing is possible.

Sounds like at least one person is getting out of here. Good for them, sucks for me as I'm sure by the next round the facility I'm trying to get to will be able to pick up but we won't be able to release. Hopefully I can get picked up on the sup bid they just put out.

Back
Top Bottom