December (Q1) 2020

guy that went from TPA to GSP is also FacRep at TPA.... so that helps. For you guys looking to ERR, I recommend becoming a FacRep or at least get on the Reloaded committee.

guy that went from TPA to GSP is also FacRep at TPA.... so that helps. For you guys looking to ERR, I recommend becoming a FacRep or at least get on the Reloaded committee.

You must be at a level 4 tower with about 6 (all nice) people working there. What if you don't wanna be a frat boy and just wanna do your job and live your life? I ask this in fraternal solidarity of course.

The fact that this is presumably an honest non sarcastic suggestion, shows how corrupt and upside down the process has become. FacRep is almost s full time job in and if itself. If you take that on just hoping to politic, it will drive you mad. See the "Are Mental Health Issues in ATC being ignored" thread. That would be self imposed insanity.

You must be at a level 4 tower with about 6 (all nice) people working there. What if you don't wanna be a frat boy and just wanna do your job and live your life? I ask this in fraternal solidarity of course.

The fact that this is presumably an honest non sarcastic suggestion, shows how corrupt and upside down the process has become. FacRep is almost s full time job in and if itself. If you take that on just hoping to politic, it will drive you mad. See the "Are Mental Health Issues in ATC being ignored" thread. That would be self imposed insanity.
Yeah the fact that people are earnestly suggesting that being facrep or donating to the PAC are real ways of improving your chances shows the problem with the process.

I understand that being involved in the union can shows your invested in your job but it's not part of our job so it shouldn't impact something like this.

Employees having some sense of career expectations should be.
Pffff, you ever met the FAA?
FAA Management is a mixed bag just like anything else. A spectrum ranging from great to full dunce. And too many of these people are truly only interested in their next job.

He WAS the previous rep at Tampa. He “stepped down”. That had nothing to do with his ERR acceptance.

If I did, it wouldn’t matter. He doesn’t care.

He is busy filming the next GhostBusters in his role as Egon Spengler. In all fairness, he's much better than Leslie Jones was! NCEPT scam is on the back burner for noobs like Whitey Bulger to handle

I see some say to donate more to the PAC and be more involved with the union to improve your chances but how about the opposite. I have a feeling, at least at my facility that if I went to the FacRep and said I'm leaving the union if I don't get picked up next year that somehow I'll see my name on one of those lists. This is really only for 100% NATCA facilities because those places care so much about having that title. Of course, it's a shame this process leads people to think of every cynical idea out there.

I see some say to donate more to the PAC and be more involved with the union to improve your chances but how about the opposite. I have a feeling, at least at my facility that if I went to the FacRep and said I'm leaving the union if I don't get picked up next year that somehow I'll see my name on one of those lists. This is really only for 100% NATCA facilities because those places care so much about having that title. Of course, it's a shame this process leads people to think of every cynical idea out there.
Threatening to quit the union or the job itself is risky, I think most people who have done that recently have gotten a fuck you from the union and go ahead and quit from the Agency. But as was said, in desperate situations maybe all ideas deserve consideration. Also I wonder about that quit and then reapply to a specific facility policy. I haven’t heard too many success stories from it but maybe that was built in collaboratively to give people who really, really need out of their facility and have not other avenue, to try to go that route.

Your fac rep can't force another facility to pick you up... I don't see how threatening to quit the union will help you at all...

Also for people who want to quit and reapply to a specific facility just know you have to be out of the agency for a year, so budget accordingly

Your fac rep can't force another facility to pick you up... I don't see how threatening to quit the union will help you at all...

Also for people who want to quit and reapply to a specific facility just know you have to be out of the agency for a year, so budget accordingly
Plus the fact that it’s not guaranteed that you’ll get rehired

There is no single person in the agency that can quit tomorrow where you’ll notice a difference the day after.

You can start your threats if you want but I don’t see any outcome other than them laughing at you and you ultimately hurting yourself.

Is this a troll post? Or am I reading this wrong? Honest question. Is the logic here that threatening to quit the union will inspire assistance from the union in recieving a job offer for a bargaining unit position at another FAA facility?

Back
Top Bottom