December (Q1) 2020

so was at a facility today I had applied to ,talked to the ATM and she said I was never on the list for the facility she showed me the list of applicants trying to transfer there but I had received confirmation from the regional office that my ERR paperwork was confirmed is this grounds for a grievance?

so was at a facility today I had applied to ,talked to the ATM and she said I was never on the list for the facility she showed me the list of applicants trying to transfer there but I had received confirmation from the regional office that my ERR paperwork was confirmed is this grounds for a grievance?
I dont think zau could release anyone anyway

It’s hard, I don’t know if you can file a grievance vs. HR for example for screwing your paperwork up and not doing their job. And even if you could NATCA would almost for sure not push it at a high enough level to force a result.

She showed you a list of applicants eligible to be released not just who applied big difference. And as stated above, if your facility could not release, at 85percent on the 11/27 ppt, you would not have been on that list. Was your facility above or below below 85 percent?

Last edited:
Your facility has to be at 85% to make a list. Welcome to our hell.

296 facilities are projected to be above 85%. Hell is not here for long. There should be a lot of movement in a years time. Ncept is doing what it was supposed to do, increase staffing everywhere. It’s just not how many would like it to be.

Last edited:
So I have a cat 2 release of 1 year. January 3, 2021. I get 8 days of change of station leave, correct? How does annual leave work if I don’t get to bid leave with my new facility for 2021? If I certify on a position halfway through the year and am used for staffing, does that mean I’m pretty much screwed for annual leave if I’m at an understaffed facility?

TheSquawker Every MOU is different. Speak to your new facility. Some facilities the trainees bid with Cpcs, others don’t. Usually there is a cutoff defined when you are expected to cert. get a hold of the MOU and talk to the facrep.

So I have a cat 2 release of 1 year. January 3, 2021. I get 8 days of change of station leave, correct? How does annual leave work if I don’t get to bid leave with my new facility for 2021? If I certify on a position halfway through the year and am used for staffing, does that mean I’m pretty much screwed for annual leave if I’m at an understaffed facility?

you probably will get whatever you want. Better to arrive after the bid.

The problem with your thinking is assuming some other facrep at your chosen facility is going to want some other facreps problem child, and as has been rumored, your NATCA status may or may not be taken into account already. With reps having a say in this, it's a risky move.

I say this as someone who had a contentious relationship with his facrep/management at my time of departure from my previous facility, it definitely followed me and was something I had to overcome to a small extent to restore my good name when I got here. Shit like that will be discussed and it will follow you, and now it's just one more thing to get in order on top of training, learning who is who at your facility etc....

Frankly NATCA has been dropping the ball on some big deal issues here of late and getting out of NATCA is justified in my eyes if one wanted to do so, but doing it just to game the system seems like a bad move.

Can you explain on what they dropped the ball on?

Next summer/fall whenever your current facility bids for 2021 bid all the leave you want as if you had the number one slot at your current facility, all of your leaves transfers with to the new facility regardless of staffing at your new facility. They use OT if they have to.

Next summer/fall whenever your current facility bids for 2021 bid all the leave you want as if you had the number one slot at your current facility, all of your leaves transfers with to the new facility regardless of staffing at your new facility. They use OT if they have to.
References? I was told the opposite by two facreps.

References? I was told the opposite by two facreps.
Everyone who has transferred in from another facility after the rounds have been bid brought all of their leave with them that was bid at previous facility. Not sure how a facrep could say that because you were transferring in after Jan 1 that the only thing you get is the two weeks of primetime at your new facility. Leave is an entitlement that we get to bid accordingly. Just because the timing of a transfer to the new facility is an inconvenience to the new facility to accommodate the leave doesn't mean they don't have to honor your bid leave.
Based on your assigned schedule at the new facility you may not get all the days you thought you were going to have off other than the bid days and RDO's.

Everyone who has transferred in from another facility after the rounds have been bid brought all of their leave with them that was bid at previous facility. Not sure how a facrep could say that because you were transferring in after Jan 1 that the only thing you get is the two weeks of primetime at your new facility. Leave is an entitlement that we get to bid accordingly. Just because the timing of a transfer to the new facility is an inconvenience to the new facility to accommodate the leave doesn't mean they don't have to honor your bid leave.
Based on your assigned schedule at the new facility you may not get all the days you thought you were going to have off other than the bid days and RDO's.
Kinda like voluntarily bidding a new set of RDOs they aren’t required to work with you new schedule and prime time.

I’ve never seen it spelled out in an MOU but common practice that I’ve seen is you get to keep whatever leave you bid at your prior facility.

What’s the alternative? Management at your new facility picks your leave for you? They can’t just not let you take annual leave. I’ll have about 3 weeks of use or lose when I get to my new facility in (presumably) April.

It's common practice because you should pick your leave as soon as you get there when you're absolutely useless. There's no reason to deny it.

And make sure you bid Thanksgiving and Christmas off too.

Shouldn't be used for staffing while in training, hence why leave usually "transfers" though it isn't guarenteed. PTL is coordinated at the local level, so it doesn't transfer as guarenteed leave.

It's common practice because you should pick your leave as soon as you get there when you're absolutely useless. There's no reason to deny it.

And make sure you bid Thanksgiving and Christmas off too.
Management has a reason to deny it now, “training initiative”

Back
Top Bottom