Enroute Class pass rate

happens more than you might realize
Yupp. Had at least 3 people in my class who failed in high 60s and would have gotten their first picks by passing.
Also because of what fell off the list people who finished at the top ended up taking what people closer to 70 wanted (and would have got) since their choices fell off.
But all you can control is your grade. 100s on everything that isn’t an eval and 90s on eval and you probably get what you want off the class list.

Yupp. Had at least 3 people in my class who failed in high 60s and would have gotten their first picks by passing.
Also because of what fell off the list people who finished at the top ended up taking what people closer to 70 wanted (and would have got) since their choices fell off.
But all you can control is your grade. 100s on everything that isn’t an eval and 90s on eval and you probably get what you want off the class list.
I think this is generally true but recently, with 8 person classes you’ll see on average 5-7 pass and of those 5-7 slots I’d say 1-2 are always ZNY, atleast 1 or 2 are Oakland or ZLA, a Puerto Rico, and then take your pick from any others. Small classes= Brutal lists

Hey y'all, I'm curious, if you passed the Academy, why are you guys waiting around and doing zoom calls? What do you even do in the mean time to support yourselves?

Hey y'all, I'm curious, if you passed the Academy, why are you guys waiting around and doing zoom calls? What do you even do in the mean time to support yourselves?
Not exactly sure if I understand your questions but I’ll answer them as if they are literal.

My Z is only allowing people who can contribute to the operation in the building. Academy grads can’t contribute so I have been ”working” from home since September.

We are still getting paid . . .

I moved near my facility but am spending 2 months elsewhere in a place that is more enjoyable to me and safer in relation to Covid. Basically since I graduated the Academy, I have been on paid vacation and will be for the forseable future.

Depending on your facility you will be asked to relocate immediately, or be told to relocate whenever you want. Facilities are having zoom calls at different frequencies. I've heard of non mandatory once a week 1 hour checkins to 1 hour 4 days a week up to 4 hours 5 days a week. Just depends where you end up.Its mostly just learning maps and NAVAIDs, and going over stage 2/3 powerpoints. It sucks because AG pay is pretty bad, especially in high COL areas. The one upside is that if you don't have to immediately relocate you can wait to relocate until your significant other finds a job in the new area to keep from going down to 1 income which is how I imagine it normally goes for the majority of AGs.

As a side note it would be nice if they would let people who are just sitting at home and haven't truly started training trade facilities. I know personally I ended up at a facility that seems fairly desirable, but to me was middle of my list.

As a side note it would be nice if they would let people who are just sitting at home and haven't truly started training trade facilities. I know personally I ended up at a facility that seems fairly desirable, but to me was middle of my list.
Funny you mention this . . . AGs including myself were offered to swap with someone at LA not too long ago. Was tempting but I actually like my location comparatively. They ended up just letting the person change. Might not be out of the question depending where you wanna go . . .

Funny you mention this . . . AGs including myself were offered to swap with someone at LA not too long ago. Was tempting but I actually like my location comparatively. They ended up just letting the person change. Might not be out of the question depending where you wanna go . . .
Interesting... How did you get approached about this, and how did that person arrange that? Im curious how I would even go about it. Feel free to DM if you don't want to out your location. I saw this after just signing a 13 month lease to move, but Id gladly just pay it to get out of it and stay "home".

Last edited:
Interesting... How did you get approached about this, and how did that person arrange that? Im curious how I would even go about it. Feel free to DM if you don't want to out your location
Woah, if you have some good info about swapping during these covid times, feel free to share with the class

Interesting... How did you get approached about this, and how did that person arrange that? Im curious how I would even go about it. Feel free to DM if you don't want to out your location. I saw this after just signing a 13 month lease to move, but Id gladly just pay it to get out of it and stay "home".
Our facerep just sent us an email. Don’t know all the details but I do know he or she was fresh out of the academy and NATCA helped this person move. I am sure it really depends on where home is for you and what facility you are at now.
Edit: ....... and likely your circumstances

Back
Top Bottom