Enroute Class pass rate

That's what I meant but I don't think before I hit submit. :oops:
What is it about ZLA that people don't like? I've even seen native Southern Californians pass it up? Palmdale seems pretty nice.
Palmdale is certainly a lot cheaper, but you're further removed from it all. I think for most that didn't grow up in California, it's just the sticker shock of all the additional taxes. With that being said, for California, on a ZLA salary, you can live more then comfortably in Palmdale and if you're OK with a 45 minute commute, you can live closer to the LA. The few people I've met who work there enjoy it.

People group ZLA in with ZOA for some reason. I was telling a bunch of ppl at the academy that it’s much different cost of living.

Just looking at the different pass rates tells you a lot. Average home in San Juan/Oakland is almost a million. Palmdale isn’t even close to that. ZLA would be soooo much better than ZOA

That's what I meant but I don't think before I hit submit. :oops:
What is it about ZLA that people don't like? I've even seen native Southern Californians pass it up? Palmdale seems pretty nice.

I grew up on a farm in the Midwest where I couldn’t see a neighbor from my house. I realize going en route means I’ll be in a large metro area no matter where I end up, but those 3 places would be a massive culture shock. I’d love to visit a place like that, but I can’t imagine living there.

I grew up on a farm in the Midwest where I couldn’t see a neighbor from my house. I realize going en route means I’ll be in a large metro area no matter where I end up, but those 3 places would be a massive culture shock. I’d love to visit a place like that, but I can’t imagine living there.
Go to ZOB (Cleveland Center) you can be in the boonies until your heart is content.

Go to ZOB (Cleveland Center) you can be in the boonies until your heart is content.
Nah now that Lebron is going to leave Cleveland there’s no reason for me to live there! ZKC and ZID would be ideal for me. I’m getting way ahead of myself though I don’t go to OKC until next month.

You'd be surprised how many centers are in the middle of nowhere. Hardly any are actually located in the city they're named after. A lot of them are 45 minutes to an hour+ from the city center.

Back
Top Bottom