February (Q2) 2023

You may think you’re getting screwed cuz you’re wearing a Z hat but the tracons have it way worse than you do.
It’s terrible for both. Idk why people are just chill with this. Any possible person at a Z is getting picked for a sup bid. It’s literally impossible to get green with the amount of sup bids

It’s terrible for both. Idk why people are just chill with this. Any possible person at a Z is getting picked for a sup bid. It’s literally impossible to get green with the amount of sup bids
Some Zs actually want the release policy to be more conservative because they lose too many.

Perhaps instead they should tamp down on pulling every body they can to management
I overheard the beginning of a management telcon about a month ago and the guy speaking said they were down around 400 management spots across the board, so I wouldn’t count on that happening anytime soon.

Our local estimated my Z being eligible to release in 3 to 4 years about 2 months ago. The past few weeks alone we’ve had 8 trainees wash/withdraw. Additionally the union is hoping our staffing numbers increase by 10.

I’ve accepted that to get remotely close to where I want to be and back to family I’m gonna have to go the sup route. Sucks but it is what it is.

Our local estimated my Z being eligible to release in 3 to 4 years about 2 months ago. The past few weeks alone we’ve had 8 trainees wash/withdraw. Additionally the union is hoping our staffing numbers increase by 10.

I’ve accepted that to get remotely close to where I want to be and back to family I’m gonna have to go the sup route. Sucks but it is what it is.
They won’t cus people will keep getting out on sup bids. They really need to allow center swaps. CPC IT training at a center is usually pretty fast

Some Zs actually want the release policy to be more conservative because they lose too many.
Then they legitimately need to change their number. CRWG should fix that.
They stopped it around 2016 because they deemed it not cost effective due to wash rates
Correct. There is a much, much smaller population of people who were subject to the current placement process who are stuck in TRACONs (2012-2016) that being said I don’t want to get into the screwed by NCEPT Olympics I just want the people at the top to acknowledge it’s flawed.

If they really wanted to prioritize career progression, this is what the rules should be:

Round 1:
  • Releasing facility must be a Level 4 through Level 7
  • Releasing facility must be at or above 85% current % CPC to Target and at or above 85% Projected % to Target
  • Releases stop when the releasing facility drops below 85% Current or Projected % to Target
  • Gaining facility must be Level 9 or lower
  • Gaining facility may select up to 100% Projected % to Target
  • Order of gaining facilities determined by decision lens tool
Round 2:
  • Releasing facility must be a Level 8 or higher
  • Releasing facility must be at or above 85% current % CPC to Target and at or above 85% Projected % to Target
  • Releases stop when the releasing facility drops below 85% Current or Projected % to Target
  • Gaining facility must be below 90% Projected % to Target
  • Gaining facility may select up to 100% projected % to target (max 5 selections per facility)
  • Order of gaining facilities will be determined by decision lens tool
(Edit: “Level 9 or lower”)

Last edited:
They won’t cus people will keep getting out on sup bids. They really need to allow center swaps. CPC IT training at a center is usually pretty fast
You’re absolutely correct. That would help exponentially. Not to mention releases should be done by area and not facility as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom