General Questions

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Catch all thread for general NCEPT related questions. Common questions will be added below.
------------------------------------------------------------

What should you do if you suspect your facility's PPT data is incorrect?
If it's prior to the NCEPT being locked, notify local management/union. If it's after, notify the NCEPT team as well.

What's the KSN site for NCEPT?
https://ksn2.faa.gov/ajg/ajg-r/AJG-R4/AJG-R41/nceptpublic/SitePages/NCEPT Public.aspx

Where do you get your performance appraisal?
Performance Management System (PMS) site on the FAA intranet.

Does the date you submitted paperwork have any meaning?
Only if multiple people to the same facility from the same facility. The person who submitted first would get the earlier release, if applicable.

How do you remove a package?
Email the HR POC for the region that the facility is in and copy your regional NCEPT rep. If you're withdrawing close to a panel, copy the national (panel) NCEPT reps.

Which HR Region Office should I send my ERR package to?
The region of the facility you are applying to.

Last edited:
Excuse the ignorance here but hope someone can help me with a question. Our facility just went into the "green" and are able to to start releasing people. We were able to lose 1 and gain 1 on the last panel. From here on, how is the number we are able release calculated?

Are we able to lose people on a 1 to 1 basis as we have people certify?

Excuse the ignorance here but hope someone can help me with a question. Our facility just went into the "green" and are able to to start releasing people. We were able to lose 1 and gain 1 on the last panel. From here on, how is the number we are able release calculated?

Are we able to lose people on a 1 to 1 basis as we have people certify?
Given the basic nature of the question and the number of variables involved, it's not a black and white answer. Time to do some research.
View the FAQ here...
ERR

Current Rules here....
NCEPT - Current Rules

The NCEPT MOU/SOP here...
NATCA - ERR MOU/SOP

If after reviewing these, you have any additional questions just let us know.

Given the basic nature of the question and the number of variables involved, it's not a black and white answer. Time to do some research.
View the FAQ here...
ERR

Current Rules here....
NCEPT - Current Rules

The NCEPT MOU/SOP here...
NATCA - ERR MOU/SOP

If after reviewing these, you have any additional questions just let us know.

Thank you for the information. That answered all my questions as far as how the selections are made.

Another question I had is what/if any are the differences in pay when you swap as compared with ERR?

For example, i'm a CPC at a level 11 facility, trying to get to a level 12. I had heard that there is like a 6% raise when transferring to higher level facility and that's not the case with a swap. Im sure this is covered in the slate book but I couldn't find it (easily).

Thank you for the information. That answered all my questions as far as how the selections are made.

Another question I had is what/if any are the differences in pay when you swap as compared with ERR?

For example, i'm a CPC at a level 11 facility, trying to get to a level 12. I had heard that there is like a 6% raise when transferring to higher level facility and that's not the case with a swap. Im sure this is covered in the slate book but I couldn't find it (easily).
With a swap you don't get any pay raise other than potential locality differences until you fully certify.
With an ERR you get half of your raise on your first day, and then the other half when you certify.

Further elaboration: 11 to 12 swap is 6% onto your basic pay upon certification. You can view your basic pay in your eOPF folder. But coming from ZHU it's very possible the 12 you want to go to can result in a pay cut to your base. Depends on where you're trying to get to. If the locality of the new facility is much lower than Houston then the base pay salary displayed on your pay stub will be less than it is now.

Understood. Thanks a lot.

With the current rules, why does the NCEPT Panel lock the Projected National Average to 85%, when its actually 82.4%?

This hurts a lot of facilities from releasing anyone. I know my facility will not be able to release until maybe yearly next year with the few new hires, which we have in the training pipeline, and the 2 projected outbounds that got selected on previous panels before they changed the National Average.

With the current rules, why does the NCEPT Panel lock the Projected National Average to 85%, when its actually 82.4%?

This hurts a lot of facilities from releasing anyone. I know my facility will not be able to release until maybe yearly next year with the few new hires, which we have in the training pipeline, and the 2 projected outbounds that got selected on previous panels before they changed the National Average.
You're confused at the moment. Time to understand the process a little more. You can view everything you need in my post above, the projected national average is 90.1%, the current national average is 82.4%. Locking the projected national average at 85% was a godsend and allows for more releases.

Just got my SF-50 adjusting my current pay for the 1.6% raise. Will HR provide a new FOL with a salary 1.6% greater than what's currently shown or calculate a new on-the-go value based on my updated current pay and the current value on the FOL?

Also, How does the raise affect those selected in the June panel given the raise went into effect a few days before the selections?

Also, how will any potential January raises affect those holding an FOL to be released after January?

With a swap you don't get any pay raise other than potential locality differences until you fully certify.
With an ERR you get half of your raise on your first day, and then the other half when you certify.

When you cert do you get the pay raise? Going from say a 10 to 11? I had a swap fall through as they were told they would not get a pay raise even after cert. The slate books says:

i. Hardship Transfers and Transfers for Mutual Reassignment:
When a bargaining unit employee is granted a Hardship Transfer or Transfer for Mutual Reassignment (Swap), pay is set as follows:
(1) CPC: (a)
Transferring to the same or higher level facility:
i. Basic Pay is unchanged and is not subject to the pay band maximum at the time of transfer.
ii. If current Basic Pay is below the CPC pay band at the new facility, Basic Pay is set at the minimum of the pay band upon becoming facility certified.

This leads me to believe that they don’t get the pay raise even after certification if their current basic pay falls within the Payband, which most likely would be the case if you been at a 10 for a few years.

When you cert do you get the pay raise? Going from say a 10 to 11? I had a swap fall through as they were told they would not get a pay raise even after cert. The slate books says:

When a bargaining unit employee is granted a Hardship Transfer or Transfer for Mutual Reassignment (Swap), pay is set as follows:
i. Basic Pay is unchanged and is not subject to the pay band maximum at the time of transfer.
ii. If current Basic Pay is below the CPC pay band at the new facility, Basic Pay is set at the minimum of the pay band upon becoming facility certified.

This leads me to believe that they don’t get the pay raise even after certification if their current basic pay falls within the Payband, which most likely would be the case if you been at a 10 for a few years.
Looks correct to me. ERR from a 10 to an 11, you'll get an 8% raise or the top of the payband if that puts you over. If they had meant for swaps to work the same, that chart would be posted in the Swap/Hardship section too. Swaps, just keep your current pay if you're within the new facilities payband.

If it makes you feel any better, had they not backed out, the swap would've been denied. Both facilities need to be eligible to release someone at the conclusion of the NCEPT for a swap to be approved. Incredibly rare.

Just got my SF-50 adjusting my current pay for the 1.6% raise. Will HR provide a new FOL with a salary 1.6% greater than what's currently shown or calculate a new on-the-go value based on my updated current pay and the current value on the FOL?

Also, How does the raise affect those selected in the June panel given the raise went into effect a few days before the selections?

Also, how will any potential January raises affect those holding an FOL to be released after January?
1. They will not issue you a new FOL, but will recalculate it accordingly prior to starting. You can message your HR POC for your specific salary changes.
2. People selected on the June panel won't get their FOL for a few weeks. The 1.6% that just occurred will be factored into their FOL.
3. January raises will be re-calculated accordingly for those holding FOL's.

1. They will not issue you a new FOL, but will recalculate it accordingly prior to starting. You can message your HR POC for your specific salary changes.
2. People selected on the June panel won't get their FOL for a few weeks. The 1.6% that just occurred will be factored into their FOL.

I was picked up on the Sept 2017 panel. My [signed] FOL shows my pay at my new facility as though I left in Oct 2017 (when it was sent to me). Since then we’ve seen the January raise, a Locality raise, and the June raise.

If I am reading your reply correctly, I will not see any paperwork with my updated pay, until I get what the updated pay is, after I change facilities? Though if I would like to see HR’s “updated numbers” I can request them but I will not receive a new FOL?

I was picked up on the Sept 2017 panel. My [signed] FOL shows my pay at my new facility as though I left in Oct 2017 (when it was sent to me). Since then we’ve seen the January raise, a Locality raise, and the June raise.

If I am reading your reply correctly, I will not see any paperwork with my updated pay, until I get what the updated pay is, after I change facilities? Though if I would like to see HR’s “updated numbers” I can request them but I will not receive a new FOL?
Correct. You will get what is owed to you, but HR will not continue to send a new FOL with each raise while you wait.

Looks correct to me. ERR from a 10 to an 11, you'll get an 8% raise or the top of the payband if that puts you over. If they had meant for swaps to work the same, that chart would be posted in the Swap/Hardship section too. Swaps, just keep your current pay if you're within the new facilities payband.

Exactly, from your previous message it seemed like you were stating that swaps can get a raise once you cert which isn’t the case unless your going up several levels or brand new to the agency.

If it makes you feel any better, had they not backed out, the swap would've been denied. Both facilities need to be eligible to release someone at the conclusion of the NCEPT for a swap to be approved. Incredibly rare.

Yea I know, but if I have one in at least if the stars align it’s possible. Anything I can do to increase my chances.

So from what I'm reading here, HR will do it on their own. My facility is looking at a potential upgrade to place our facility higher a couple months back. Will they also then re-adjust my salary for that or is that different?

So from what I'm reading here, HR will do it on their own. My facility is looking at a potential upgrade to place our facility higher a couple months back. Will they also then re-adjust my salary for that or is that different?
You'd get back-paid from the effective date of upgrade.

You'd get back-paid from the effective date of upgrade.

Yes I understand that, continuing on from FOL pay talk from what they were talking about I was referring to my new pay with the newer facility if that would get adjusted since I signed my FOL at another facility. If my current facility gets upgraded, will the FOL pay be re-adjusted for the 50% on the go salary like the 1.6% pay does as breakaway explained.

If I'm at a CAT 2 facility and the facility that I want has no category, does the no category mean they are at their staffing levels and I have zero chance of getting picked up?

Back
Top Bottom