General Questions

Are controllers promoted to managment still bound by this MOU? I believe it says they are.

Controller A accepts an offer for an ERR.
Controller B accepts offer to be a supe after Controller A within Controller B's facility.
Controller B starts supe duties before Controller A's release.

Is this violating the MOU? If so, what is the recourse for Controller A?
That’s confusing. Is B becoming a FLM in the same facility? Or the two are departing to the same facility

is It a temp supe or perm Supe? was the supe seclection required to get a deviation? The release is based on the MOU, however if the facility is below cat 2 numbers than it wouldnt be and a deviation from the mou would be required. If a deviation is approved the timeline of the release is up to the managers/district to decide, and can be complete outside of the mou timeline. The normal cpc timeline doesnt apply. If controller As release is being impacted then it’s wrong, but is controller A a cat one release being pushed? If it was a cat 2 selection and you get a year it’s well within managements right to do so.

If you're referring to ERR paperwork, the deadline is Sep 17 and the panel will occur on October 18 (you can also remove unwanted ERRs all the way up until that date)
Might want to check your email. NATCA has agreed to conduct the NCEPT every 3 months starting with this November.

NCEPT
As a consequence of holding NCEPT panels on bi-monthly basis, there have been some challenges in the field due to an increased volume of movements, and an associated strain on resources that have materialized. To allow the system to stabilize, NATCA and the FAA agreed to return to the quarterly schedule of NCEPT panels beginning with the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2019. The next NCEPT panel will be held in November 2018 (date to be determined) and then convene in February, May, August, and November 2019. The Parties will continue to evaluate the frequency of the panels in the future and adjust as needed.

We just certified a new controller today. Which will place my facility into a CAT 1. So my question to you all is, per the NRP I am to be released within 3 months unless I choose to go later. My manager has been known to ask for a waiver to this release time frame. Can my manager delay my date longer than the 3 months as per the NRP? I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before.

We just certified a new controller today. Which will place my facility into a CAT 1. So my question to you all is, per the NRP I am to be released within 3 months unless I choose to go later. My manager has been known to ask for a waiver to this release time frame. Can my manager delay my date longer than the 3 months as per the NRP? I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before.
They can ask for a deviation, but it will be denied.

Hey can ask for a deviation, but it will be denied.
Is there some sort of justification he can use? Only reason why I'm asking is that a person who was selected as a CAT 1 from the June NCEPT had a deviation to leave in Jan 2019. Only asking to see if he will have a leg to stand on.

Is there some sort of justification he can use? Only reason why I'm asking is that a person who was selected as a CAT 1 from the June NCEPT had a deviation to leave in Jan 2019. Only asking to see if he will have a leg to stand on.
Lack of trainers/CIC etc. What was the other for?

Are controllers promoted to managment still bound by this MOU? I believe it says they are.

Controller A accepts an offer for an ERR.
Controller B accepts offer to be a supe after Controller A within Controller B's facility.
Controller B starts supe duties before Controller A's release.

Is this violating the MOU? If so, what is the recourse for Controller A?
B should be given an FLM effective date after A's release date.
If B has already been promoted to FLM, I don't see any recourse for A. At the most, it would just be HR/ATM/your district being told to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Lack of trainers/CIC etc. What was the other for?
Two people were selected CAT 1. If both left we would be at 9 CPCs. I'm not aware of the reasoning. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks what my new date will be. Hoping before Jan 6th. Also we are currently above 90% projected cpc range.

If a BUE bids on a supe job, is their release based on when the job was posted or when they signed paperwork accepting the job? I'm wondering if some BUEs at my facility are getting to skip some ERRs.
Should fall in line with any existing releases. If you've got someone selected off NCEPT with a January release date, and the new sup accepts the position today, their release date should happen after the already established January date for the other person.

Well they are not. I was denied an early release and now two people are coming off the floor to be supes. They're off the schedule, and AFAIK, no deviation or waiver was approved. Is there a way to force my early release through now? It's just for a month and a half early.
I'm not sure...the situation I know of is a couple controllers were selected of NCEPT with a 1 year release date. Another controller was selected from within the current facility to be a supervisor at the current facility. The effective date of the promotion is after the NCEPT selections release date.

If a medically disqualified controller who is not counted in our numbers puts in for an ERR and gets picked up at the next NCEPT panel, does that count against the number of people we can release for that panel?

If a medically disqualified controller who is not counted in our numbers puts in for an ERR and gets picked up at the next NCEPT panel, does that count against the number of people we can release for that panel?
I thought in order to be eligible to ERR you had to have a valid medical

Oh that’s a new one... so they aren’t counted in current numbers because the projected medical dq is for an extended period?

Not part of the question, but if they were selected, part of the TOL process is valid clearances. I don’t see how they would be allowed to transfer being DQ.

Oh that’s a new one... so they aren’t counted in current numbers because the projected medical dq is for an extended period?

Not part of the question, but if they were selected, part of the TOL process is valid clearances. I don’t see how they would be allowed to transfer being DQ.

Yup, they have been disqualified for a while now so are not counted in the priority placement tool. Are they still able to be selected on a panel?

Second question: they are going through an an appeal process. If they are reinstated after the final priority placement tool is out for the next NCEPT panel (and are not counted toward our numbers), and gets picked up, that would count against one of our releases, right? Meaning one less person would be able to be released that panel.

Ok here’s one..two actually

As a CPC-IT - as I understand you can withdraw from training at any time and get sent through the NEST or go back to your old facility, staffing permitting. It’s not like you are part of the numbers to get released. They can’t not let you ‘quit’.

Also, I know you can try to ERR as a CPC-IT and it’s after everyone else and hopefully the new facility selects you — so in that case do they have to let you go too?

So then my real question kind of related to the above one, still CPC-IT, bid on a non-good time job in DC or OKC and are actually selected (long shot and unlikely but just entertain me here), is it the same thing, just withdraw from training and they have to let you go to the new job? Or can they deny it?

Also, I know you can try to ERR as a CPC-IT and it’s after everyone else and hopefully the new facility selects you — so in that case do they have to let you go too?

So then my real question kind of related to the above one, still CPC-IT, bid on a non-good time job in DC or OKC and are actually selected (long shot and unlikely but just entertain me here), is it the same thing, just withdraw from training and they have to let you go to the new job? Or can they deny it?
I don't think anything addresses this scenario exactly, but the NCEPT releases still apply to both. My guess is it would be handled individually, based on what the DM wants to do.

How long does it USUALLY take to get a confirmation email/letter back from HR that they received your ERR. I put mine in last weekend and called HR last Monday. She said she did receive it and was going to email me a confirmation email, but I haven’t gotten it yet. Just trying to make sure it doesn’t fall through the cracks for this NCEPT.

Back
Top Bottom