General Questions

Congrats to those picked up and condolences to those not. For those of us picked up to a TRACON only from a tower only, do you typically go straight to RTF/TSEW from your current facility and then on to your new facility? Or do you report to your new facility then schedule RTF/TSEW from there?

I’ve seen both. Kinda depends when classes start at the academy and how they line up. You might be able to have a say as well. Let them know you would like to go straight to academy and have them do you release date based on that or something.

Congrats!

Need some clarification on the
Projected Retirements column on PPT to make sure everything is in order for next NCEPT.

- How much does someone count that is 1 year or less than a year from 56? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc.)?
- How much does someone count that is 3 years away from 56? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc.)?
- How much does someone over 56, but grandfathered in because of flight service and can work forever with no end date count? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc?)

Last edited:
Need some clarification on the
Projected Retirements column on PPT to make sure everything is in order for next NCEPT.

- How much does someone count that is 1 year or less than a year from 56? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc.)?
- How much does someone count that is 3 years away from 56? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc.)?
- How much does someone over 56, but grandfathered in because of flight service and can work forever with no end date count? (1.0, 0.5, 0.0, etc?)
I believe those are arbitrarily calculated numbers based off a percentage of your workforce and not actually calculated based on the pending retirements of your current workforce. IE if you have 60 controllers they'll estimate 4% for losses from retirement, death, supe job, quitting, etc... It's not that you actually have four people retiring next year.

“In the event a facility moves from a Category 2 release window to a Category 1 release window, employees with Category 2 release dates will be afforded the opportunity to have their existing release dates adjusted to comply with the Category 1 release window, prior to the issuance of subsequent release dates.”

How does this work if my facility becomes CAT 1 three months (or even later than that) after I get my CAT 2 release date of one year?

“In the event a facility moves from a Category 2 release window to a Category 1 release window, employees with Category 2 release dates will be afforded the opportunity to have their existing release dates adjusted to comply with the Category 1 release window, prior to the issuance of subsequent release dates.”

How does this work if my facility becomes CAT 1 three months (or even later than that) after I get my CAT 2 release date of one year?
They have to offer you 3 months from that new CAT1 ppt date. You can choose to move your date up or keep existing and if you’re first in line and you keep existing then the opportunity falls to the next guy if there is a next guy

So if my cat 2 release date is January 1, and my facility becomes cat 1 on October 1, my release date pretty much will not change, correct? Unless the atm is feeling generous?

They have to offer you 3 months from that new CAT1 ppt date. You can choose to move your date up or keep existing and if you’re first in line and you keep existing then the opportunity falls to the next guy if there is a next guy

Currently in my first mid-cycle on new PMAS system. Do I just print whatever is there for the submission of my packet or is there supposed to be something more specific that I print from the PMAS site?

I’m new to all this, how do you get the performance appraisal?

I keep getting the runaround, coworkers tell me to talk to mgt, mgt keeps telling I can access it online. And my direct sup is never around to provide info.

I believe you’re supposed to be able to access it via the ‘Performance’ section of eLMS, however, no one at my facility has been able to do it. The Sups have just been having to still print out any appraisals for us.

I just submitted paperwork. How long does it take to get notification that they got the package? Should I wait a few days or call today?

I just submitted paperwork. How long does it take to get notification that they got the package? Should I wait a few days or call today?
Yea a few days at least. I got email confirmation some get letters or calls I think

Back
Top Bottom