General Questions

BNFaz

How does the retirement column in the staffing lists work? Say it says 3.3, does that mean there are 3 people with mandatory retirement that calendar year or just eligible to retire?

GulfBravoPapa

Forum Sage
Neither. It's an arbitrarily calculated number based on the total number of controllers at the facility and does not depict the actual expected number of people leaving the facility
How does the retirement column in the staffing lists work? Say it says 3.3, does that mean there are 3 people with mandatory retirement that calendar year or just eligible to retire?

Dolan

Trusted Contributor
How can you get all the paperwork filled out without management becoming aware that you're trying to move?

Stinger

Staff member
How can you get all the paperwork filled out without management becoming aware that you're trying to move?
The 3330-43-1 requires a management signature. Doesn't have to be your supervisor, anyone in the building works.

BNFaz

Is this coronavirus situation affecting anyone's release dates? How are you supposed to plan a move with this going on?

Bilt2spl

Is this coronavirus situation affecting anyone's release dates? How are you supposed to plan a move with this going on?
curious too. i'd expect them to be moved back as people with release dates mean more to their current facility than be on admin leave at their new one

spider

Trusted Contributor
We got a guy in our area who took a supe job. His date is coming up and is unchanged. He’s simply going to be converted to non-essential status.

TimShady

FAA
Facility
MDW Midway Tower
I have a release date of 4/12. I was initially told it would be my choice to keep it or push it back. I’m not moving, so getting a raise and becoming non-essential I kind of hard to pass up. Now there’s talk about working out a temp detail at my current facility so they can honor the release but still use me. Still waiting to find out. I haven’t heard any talk of people being forced to push back their date though.

RavenYZF-R6

Forum Sage
I have a release date of 4/12. I was initially told it would be my choice to keep it or push it back. I’m not moving, so getting a raise and becoming non-essential I kind of hard to pass up. Now there’s talk about working out a temp detail at my current facility so they can honor the release but still use me. Still waiting to find out. I haven’t heard any talk of people being forced to push back their date though.
Live up to the user name and take that excused! See if you can arrange a study binder and take some time with the family.