June 2018

@breakaway2000 What if the ppt showed a CAT 1 release but on the selection list the facility shows CAT 2? Which one is the honorable release?
Depends on your situation. Stab in the dark, but here's a hypothetical example of what could've happened...

Feb 2018 Panel - 1 Person selected Cat 2 from your facility
April 2018 Panel - 1 Person selected Cat 2 from your facility

Facility hits the number to be considered Cat 1

June 2018 Panel - You're selected and given a Cat 2 release.

If you just hit Cat 1 by 1 person, the person selected on the Feb 2018 panel would be allowed to take the Cat 1 release and move his/her date up, if they refuse, it'd move to the April 2018 panel person, if they refuse, then it would fall to you.

If for some reason, you don't have other people at your facility holding a Cat 2 release or everyone holding a Cat 2 release does not want to move their date up, then a Cat 1 release will be afforded to you.

@ breakaway2000 Thank you. It didn’t happen like this but your response gives more clarity on why it probably did change. I was under the impression the final ppt information was set in stone.

@ breakaway2000 Thank you. It didn’t happen like this but your response gives more clarity on why it probably did change. I was under the impression the final ppt information was set in stone.
They are, unless the situation above happens. If you do not have anyone else holding a Cat 2 release from previous panels and the PPT on 5/23 shows you at Cat 1, you should have a Cat 1 release.

Thats because Dayton Ohio is the Belize of the Midwest.
Yea, it was me. A 4 to a 4, probably the only ERR they had I am sure. I am from the north and was willing to transfer anywhere close to home. Honestly didn't expect it because they always seem pretty high in staffing, but texas to ohio for me, 4 or not, is exciting.

Yea, it was me. A 4 to a 4, probably the only ERR they had I am sure. I am from the north and was willing to transfer anywhere close to home. Honestly didn't expect it because they always seem pretty high in staffing, but texas to ohio for me, 4 or not, is exciting.
Good for you, congratulations. Many people talk about how they want to be close to home but aren’t willing to take a smaller facility to get there.

I took a smaller facility to be closer to home... Lol but I don't think I am what you are talking about.
No I was not mentioning you or anyone else on this site specifically, just generally speaking. Is more about those at facilities across the NAS who just complain rather than do whatever it take to get where they are striving for. Good for you as well

Good for you, congratulations. Many people talk about how they want to be close to home but aren’t willing to take a smaller facility to get there.
Number of years ago, my plan was to transfer to a busier facility, certify, and then transfer back and be just below the top of the payband. I certified just after ncept happened. Then I was denied releases to be a supervisor. I may finally have a chance to go back, but I'm now above their payband and HR is saying that I'll lose money and go to the top of the payband even with a promotion to supervisor. May still be worth it.

I am from Dayton, and love it there. The tower is gorgeous, and there is actually quite a bit to do. And its very cheap to live!

Didn't this guy just hardship to a facility less than a year ago?

Back
Top Bottom