MATH/ National average

rugbydog11

Forum Sage
math... currently our AOB cpcs is 18/24 with projected to go to 20/24 soon (slightly above national average) and our projected % is well above 90% . if the err panel happens before one person is forced out and another is leaving to a different facility, will my paperwork be seen by the NCEPT people, or would this make us cat 2 exempt because of the impending retirement and transfers?

math... currently our AOB cpcs is 18/24 with projected to go to 20/24 soon (slightly above national average) and our projected % is well above 90% . if the err panel happens before one person is forced out and another is leaving to a different facility, will my paperwork be seen by the NCEPT people, or would this make us cat 2 exempt because of the impending retirement and transfers?
If your CPC number is 18 as of February 24th when they ran the priority placement tool for the upcoming panel then your paperwork will not be looked at this panel.

I'm talking about the next panel, the guy transferring has a early June start date, and the retiring fella has a late June retirement date, and I am hoping the panel happens and runs the numbers while they are still AOB.

I'm talking about the next panel, the guy transferring has a early June start date, and the retiring fella has a late June retirement date, and I am hoping the panel happens and runs the numbers while they are still AOB.
Ahh that was an important detail. It all depends on when they run the priority placement tool. ERR deadline is 5/22, don't have the calendar in front of me but that would mean the priority placement tool gets updated around 6/1. As long as you show 20 and have a corresponding or greater AOB percentage, one can go. This is where you can really help each other out on selecting your release dates. If you have a facility with a number of trainees that aren't close to certifying picking a release date past the next panel (or potentially two panels) can help sneak an additional person out.

yeah, the one release has had his date from way before this new MOU or else we would have tried something like that. it was a 20 month release date from TOL I believe. his last day will be in may because of leave and change of station, but I'm still hopeful he is AOB when the PPT runs, because we have the retirement, and an additional loss from prior to the MOU. I know the panel is supposed to meet June 14th-15th... then the trick is being the one release when 5 people all have paperwork in places.

Or slip your ATM a 20 and ask em not to update the staffing workbook until after the panel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an AOB of 20/24 make you Cat II-exempt since 19/24 = 79.2% = below the national average?

ahh that's my bad, all the talk of 19 vs 20 out of 22 in the other thread, just read it wrong to begin with. 20/24 definitely still frozen, sorry for the false hope.

The trainees you have are already counting towards your number.. you need your projected number to be above the 87.2% that is the national avg. my facility has 26/30 cpc and 7 trainees and one more coming next month and we still won't be above that 87.2%. It's such trash man. My atm told me a couple weeks ago he could let me go by august I was like too bad that doesn't even matter anymore.

The trainees you have are already counting towards your number.. you need your projected number to be above the 87.2% that is the national avg. my facility has 26/30 cpc and 7 trainees and one more coming next month and we still won't be above that 87.2%. It's such trash man. My atm told me a couple weeks ago he could let me go by august I was like too bad that doesn't even matter anymore.

It is garbage. Trainees are counted toward your projected number, he needs his current CPC number to get to 21. You need both number to be able to release people. With 26/30 CPC's and 7 trainees, I see you guys are about to hit a number of retirements to have that low projection, let me ask you because I've heard differing reports. You have a number of 5.5 for retirements, have all those people dropped paperwork or are about to hit mandatory retirement? I feel for you, we're about a year from a retirement push at my facility.

Last edited:

:/ I feel for you bro. I remember when you got there. Lucky I am getting out of here, our wave hits July and peaks in December.

It is garbage. Trainees are counted toward your projected number, he needs his current CPC number to get to 21. You need both number to be able to release people. With 26/30 CPC's and 7 trainees, I see you guys are about to hit a number of retirements to have that low projection, let me ask you because I've heard differing reports. You have a number of 5.5 for retirements, have all those people dropped paperwork or are about to hit mandatory retirement? I feel for you, we're about a year from a retirement push at my facility.

No we have one mandatory retirement that is forced out in June the next ones forced out aren't until next year.. no one else has paperwork in. I feel like we will always be right at the cusp of getting above it but won't I still can't believe this is something that Natca helped come up with either.

No we have one mandatory retirement that is forced out in June the next ones forced out aren't until next year.. no one else has paperwork in. I feel like we will always be right at the cusp of getting above it but won't I still can't believe this is something that Natca helped come up with either.
Rough... and sorry to pick your brain a little, just trying to figure out when they start counting retirements as a hard outbound percentage, I know one small level facility that has 4 eligible for retirement, but their retirement number is .7
Your facility is 5.5.
1 is mandatory retirement this year
How many others are forced out next year and are they more then a year away?
I'm going to need to do some research when I get back to work. Does anyone know if the staffing workbook your ATM updates is just facility staffing (CPC's/trainees) or are they also putting in retirements? Just curious if the ATM plays a roll or if that figure is done solely by the NCEPT.

Projected losses are done by finance. It's modeled on historical data.

Back
Top Bottom