May (Q2) 2021

Kid at my facility is who was born 'n raised in Dallas, dad worked at ZFW etc got sent to ZMA because there were no slots for ZFW that week. Friend he made while there who was born and raised in Miami graduated the week after got sent to ZFW. They called everyone they could and BEGGED to swap as neither of them had even been to their new facilities yet, and they got denied. I dare anyone to try and justify this to me. Please. Now two teams of CPCs are going to have to train these guys for the next three years so they can check out and put in their NCEPT paperwork.

Kid at my facility is who was born 'n raised in Dallas, dad worked at ZFW etc got sent to ZMA because there were no slots for ZFW that week. Friend he made while there who was born and raised in Miami graduated the week after got sent to ZFW. They called everyone they could and BEGGED to swap as neither of them had even been to their new facilities yet, and they got denied. I dare anyone to try and justify this to me. Please. Now two teams of CPCs are going to have to train these guys for the next three years so they can check out and put in their NCEPT paperwork.
Dynamic decisions

It's easy. If they allowed everyone to swap around because they found a willing partner EVERYONE would be trying to swap their facilities. HR doesn't have time for that. No one wants to do that much paperwork. Not to mention the ethics of trying to determine whether it is actually a mutually agreed upon swap or if someone is being paid or otherwise influenced.

I was hired on a bid where you got to select up to ten states. I only listed five. Was hired not to my top state choice. I have since transferred twice. Both times to states I didn't even put on my ranking. Just because you say you want to be someplace doesn't mean in five years you won't think differently. If we let everyone pick their state or region or whatever there would still be people complaining and transferring.

It's easy. If they allowed everyone to swap around because they found a willing partner EVERYONE would be trying to swap their facilities. HR doesn't have time for that. No one wants to do that much paperwork. Not to mention the ethics of trying to determine whether it is actually a mutually agreed upon swap or if someone is being paid or otherwise influenced.

I was hired on a bid where you got to select up to ten states. I only listed five. Was hired not to my top state choice. I have since transferred twice. Both times to states I didn't even put on my ranking. Just because you say you want to be someplace doesn't mean in five years you won't think differently. If we let everyone pick their state or region or whatever there would still be people complaining and transferring.
The placement process is absolutely dumb. I know people that were denied Oakland when 3 people got mandatories to Oakland the next class

Pretty sure 32 just beat me to this but if the agency took any time to gather and store information about where someone might want to go you could avoid sending a guy from New York to Oakland a week after you sent someone from Oakland to New York.

I mostly agree to the not allowing endless swaps. The logistics of that would be difficult. It would make more sense for the FAA to manage this information and make better decisions during facility assignments.

Back
Top Bottom