November 2018

Skipped over again for SCT... Not sure if qualifications and experience factor much with the select process. I have 2 level 12 TRACON tickets, a level 8 up/down ticket, and military experience. Was still passed up in favor of controllers from level 6 and 7 facilities. And definitely congrats to you guys who were selected, i’m simply jealous. Anyone have any insight on the thought process from the ATM’s as they’re selecting controllers? Seems kind of unbalanced, no?

Skipped over again for SCT... Not sure if qualifications and experience factor much with the select process. I have 2 level 12 TRACON tickets, a level 8 up/down ticket, and military experience. Was still passed up in favor of controllers from level 6 and 7 facilities. And definitely congrats to you guys who were selected, i’m simply jealous. Anyone have any insight on the thought process from the ATM’s as they’re selecting controllers? Seems kind of unbalanced, no?
You're at N90?

100% agree with Ajmezz- It’s not just the metrics but also your networking ability. I just got off the phone with my soon to be FACREP for where I’m heading and he said he spoke with my current FACREP last week before the panel. after the convo he had with him, he and the ATM put me to the top of their list because not only did I reach out- but my Current rep praised me.

Not only is it networking- but it’s also the type of controller/person/coworker you are. facreps & ATMs want to make sure they’re picking up guys that they want. They want to make sure you’re a good fit for the environment.

That being said- best of luck in the next panel to all who didn’t get picked.

100% agree with Ajmezz- It’s not just the metrics but also your networking ability. I just got off the phone with my soon to be FACREP for where I’m heading and he said he spoke with my current FACREP last week before the panel. after the convo he had with him, he and the ATM put me to the top of their list because not only did I reach out- but my Current rep praised me.

Not only is it networking- but it’s also the type of controller/person/coworker you are. facreps & ATMs want to make sure they’re picking up guys that they want. They want to make sure you’re a good fit for the environment.

That being said- best of luck in the next panel to all who didn’t get picked.

Pretty sure he could offer to blow the ATM once a week and still wouldn't be able to get out of N90...

Definitely need to go network if you haven't, talk to NATCA and the OM's, they seem to run the show. There is no ATM right now. Better luck.next time, they kill for high level radar exp. Surprised you're not getting picked up from D01.

I was at N90 for 5 years but I’m currently at D01. I’ve been here about a yr and a half.

That situation looks very strange to me. D01 could lose 6 people, but no one was selected for anywhere?
Did you call the ATM at SCT and say you were interested in going there?

More importantly, did you check to make sure your paperwork was on file? If it was, and the numbers for both facs (I didn’t look) look like you were eligible, I’d contact your RVP and have it looked at.

More importantly, did you check to make sure your paperwork was on file? If it was, and the numbers for both facs (I didn’t look) look like you were eligible, I’d contact your RVP and have it looked at.

Paperwork was all good. Got the receipt notification from HR via email. I called the head of NCEPT as well just to get a little insight to see if I could do anything more to help my case. Same answer... Its pretty much at the discretion of the manager. I would have thought that the only hoops were facility staffing and after that the best candidate for the job would get picked up. Sadly no.

That situation looks very strange to me. D01 could lose 6 people, but no one was selected for anywhere?
Did you call the ATM at SCT and say you were interested in going there?

No one front D01 got picked up. We had 2 prior level 12 center controllers apply for Fort Worth Center (2 possible gains)... Come to find out those 2 slots were filled by academy hopefuls.

Haven’t spoken with the ATM but I did reach out to NATCA. Same deal, you pretty much get the run around. You’re either selected or your not. No rhyme or reason.

Paperwork was all good. Got the receipt notification from HR via email. I called the head of NCEPT as well just to get a little insight to see if I could do anything more to help my case. Same answer... Its pretty much at the discretion of the manager. I would have thought that the only hoops were facility staffing and after that the best candidate for the job would get picked up. Sadly no.

I was talking about making sure they did everything correctly. But I just checked and SCT got 6/6 selections so yeah, you just drew the short straw.

I was at N90 for 5 years but I’m currently at D01. I’ve been here about a yr and a half.
They probably put you last on their pref list because they saw you don't like to stay in one place very long. If I were an ATM I would do my hardest to avoid you getting picked up for my facility and think something was wrong with you that caused you to transfer that much.

Quick question. I’ll be in the Nov 27th NEST panel. I have 10 years of CPC experience at Level 12 (5 years) and Level 10 (5 years) enroute facilities. It seems ZAU could and did pick up three from the NCEPT panel on Tuesday. Does that mean for me that ZAU will definitely not be on my NEST list, or does it work differently than that? Thanks for any information anyone can offer.

Back
Top Bottom