Saturday to Sunday Mid

dub_dub

I've been at facilities where you can come in at 10 or 11 for the Saturday into Sunday mid. My facility now makes us come in a midnight. I was told it was due to the pay period, but I was also told it was due to someone wanting all eight hours of Sunday pay. What does you facilities do?

The last saturday of the pp is a hard 12. The other is 11 and you can flex up to 30min early

Previous facility we had 10-6 but you can't flex early or late because you've already worked 78 hours in the pay period. So if you're late you take leave, and if you're early you have to get credit approved.

It's a lot easier to fill gaps in staffing and allow you to take leave with 12-8, which is why it's preferred. Every year when you have people switch days on and off the Sat-Sun mid.

The way the rugby dogs facility does it is wrong, air traffic is not flex 80 shifts, so you have to have 40 hours of straight time per week, not just 80 per pay period. If you work a 12-8 for the first week, you come into your next mid with 40 hours worked for the week.

Three facilities have all been 12-8 with different amounts of OT on the front to cover overlap. 13 minutes at one. 15 minutes at another. Most come in early for credit anyway.

12-8 every Saturday mid. No flex and the leaving Saturday eve got 6 mins of OT to cover the overlap. Did it for years.

Seemed to work but not sure why it was that way. No one looked for you when the 530am Sunday shifts came in and got you out.

Apparently you are doing illegal shit by not making every Saturday a hard 4. Don’t quote me but my facility is now making every Saturday a hard 4 because of “Some law”

The midnight mid on saturday nights is so stupid. somehow the federal government is the only entity on earth that cant split a shift on time cards. it causes an unnecessary hitch in the schedule and weird overlaps on saturdays and sundays. it should be a 10pm mid just like the rest of the crews.

The midnight mid on saturday nights is so stupid. somehow the federal government is the only entity on earth that cant split a shift on time cards. it causes an unnecessary hitch in the schedule and weird overlaps on saturdays and sundays. it should be a 10pm mid just like the rest of the crews.
The FAA can and does

Back
Top Bottom