SFO Strikes Again

Shit like this keeps happening and we’re screaming give me a raise. Professionalism seems to have been lost during covid.

It’s a privilege to be trusted with public safety and move airplanes around the nas. Step up people. Take pride in what you do and pay that forward as OJTI’s.

so we punish the good controllers for the fuckheads who were certified during covid traffic?

a lot of us do the right things, work traffic the right way, send the trainees to TRB's when warranted and then our ATM's just give them another 1,000 hours.

Well, stop trying squeeze plays and then when the “efficient” part of the 7110 goes out the window and you have a queue all the way to the terminal, the two facilities management might collaborate and give you more room. Hell, TMU might even run some programs for better flow into SFO? Wishful thinking perhaps?
The majority of operations at SFO when it's busy are squeeze plays. This thread is like YouTube. Lot's of people chiming in that have no knowledge of the operation and don't understand the issues between SFO and NCT.

The majority of operations at SFO when it's busy are squeeze plays. This thread is like YouTube. Lot's of people chiming in that have no knowledge of the operation and don't understand the issues between SFO and NCT.
Add this to the mix—aircraft on the FMS Bridge Visual/Quiet Bridge to 28 L/R, are often kept high (noise abatement?). Resulting in an unstable approach (Asiana 214 ring a bell?)

so we punish the good controllers for the fuckheads who were certified during covid traffic?

a lot of us do the right things, work traffic the right way, send the trainees to TRB's when warranted and then our ATM's just give them another 1,000 hours.
I didn’t say a word about punishing anyone ?

Yeah cuz nobody else on this site knows how to hit an arrival gap or not to lock and load on a squeeze after dude went around once already. Go back to lurking.
Almost everything’s a squeeze play there when it’s busy. Have you spent any time watching falcon replays of the operation? No, of course you haven’t. You’re making judgments on an internet replay that doesn’t provide an accurate picture.

Yeah cuz nobody else on this site knows how to hit an arrival gap or not to lock and load on a squeeze after dude went around once already. Go back to lurking.
I’m with you in that I’d just let him land after being sent around already. But if the spacing on the video is correct that should work almost every time. Slowed him to final, prepped the 772 in position, tried peeling the arrival off the runway ASAP. He did everything right, sometimes shit doesn’t work out.

Now do this one:

I’m with you in that I’d just let him land after being sent around already. But if the spacing on the video is correct that should work almost every time. Slowed him to final, prepped the 772 in position, tried peeling the arrival off the runway ASAP. He did everything right, sometimes shit doesn’t work out.

Now do this one:
He forgot to blame the Tracon.

Back
Top Bottom