SFO Strikes Again

Almost everything’s a squeeze play there when it’s busy. Have you spent any time watching falcon replays of the operation? No, of course you haven’t. You’re making judgments on an internet replay that doesn’t provide an accurate picture.
Yeah you're right SFO is the only busy tower in the NAS, I have no idea how their operation works, they have 2 sets of intersecting parallels, what an anathema. How could I ever hope to understand such a complex operation, I'll withhold judgement until I certify there, etc etc

I don't have to be a chef to know shitty food when I taste it and I don't have to be certified at a facility to know shitty ATC service when I see it
Shitty bait.

Yeah you're right SFO is the only busy tower in the NAS, I have no idea how their operation works, they have 2 sets of intersecting parallels, what an anathema. How could I ever hope to understand such a complex operation, I'll withhold judgement until I certify there, etc etc

I don't have to be a chef to know shitty food when I taste it and I don't have to be certified at a facility to know shitty ATC service when I see it.

Shitty bait. If you're asking a mainliner to sidestep on a 2 mile final, you don't know what you're doing. If you're locking and loading a 777 in front of a dude inside the marker who already went around, then you're an asshole.
5 miles is enough of a gap for a 772. A 737 can sidestep 2 miles out when runways are 750 feet apart if the pilot wanted to. It was a last ditch effort because he knew it wasn’t going to work. This wasn’t bad controlling dude.

If we’re going to vilify our own on a public forum let’s at least make sure it’s egregious. AUS, the past couple instances at SFO, NMAC with a smile at PHL, etc. That’s bad controlling. This ain’t it.

I don't have to be a chef to know shitty food when I taste it and I don't have to be certified at a facility to know shitty ATC service when I see it

Shitty bait.
You're so good you could just walk into any place and understand all the nuance and just work in. You're like John Cusack in pushing tin. SFO isn't the only Busy tower in the NAS, but its single local is the busiest in the world. You haven't actually seen what happened in this instance. You watched a Youtube video with limited information. It's like you're judging the taste of food through a YouTube review.

5 miles is enough of a gap for a 772. A 737 can sidestep 2 miles out when runways are 750 feet apart if the pilot wanted to. It was a last ditch effort because he knew it wasn’t going to work. This wasn’t bad controlling dude.

If we’re going to vilify our own on a public forum let’s at least make sure it’s egregious. AUS, the past couple instances at SFO, NMAC with a smile at PHL, etc. That’s bad controlling. This ain’t it.
Yeah I'll agree with that, it's not egregious but it's poor service to someone who he already sent around once before. A 5 mile gap for a 777 is going to be tight on a good day, and this dude shouldn't have locked and loaded in front of him. And if anyone from the general public lurks here they have less of a life than me lol.

You're so good you could just walk into any place and understand all the nuance and just work in. You're like John Cusack in pushing tin. SFO isn't the only Busy tower in the NAS, but its single local is the busiest in the world. You haven't actually seen what happened in this instance. You watched a Youtube video with limited information. It's like you're judging the taste of food through a YouTube review.
Bro are you alright?

Yeah I'll agree with that, it's not egregious but it's poor service to someone who he already sent around once before. A 5 mile gap for a 777 is going to be tight on a good day, and this dude shouldn't have locked and loaded in front of him. And if anyone from the general public lurks here they have less of a life than me lol.

Bro are you alright?
I’m not the one with delusions of grandeur. Are you ok Bro?

Michael Jackson Pods GIF

Shit like this keeps happening and we’re screaming give me a raise. Professionalism seems to have been lost during covid.

It’s a privilege to be trusted with public safety and move airplanes around the nas. Step up people. Take pride in what you do and pay that forward as OJTI’s.
NTI

How do you know if I have delusions of grandeur if you haven't worked my operation? That's a little presumptuous
You have delusions of grander because you present yourself as having a level of expertise about an operation you're not certified to work. I know nothing about the operation you work, but in good faith I'd believe what you told me about it.

Common courtesy says eat the gap and let the guy land after you’ve already sent him around once. Other than that, I have no problem with what this guy did. He exchanged traffic and prepped the pilots as best he could and even offered a last ditch attempt at a side step.

Sounds like there’s animosity between NCT and SFO due to speeds on final or spacing and the tower is getting impatient trying to get departures out? Pretty understandable if so. Either way, this is not nearly as bad as the videos with that chick working. But then again, maybe I’m just sexist.

Stop it! He’s already dead!

Some of all came on here real soft with the "don't do squeeze plays" and "talk to management about the tracon" lines. Go do some push-ups or something

Some of all came on here real soft with the "don't do squeeze plays" and "talk to management about the tracon" lines. Go do some push-ups or something
Do you think some of the apologists here, and the controllers at SFO defending it are a reflection of the city itself which has gone insane and degraded to such a diminished level?

I’m with you in that I’d just let him land after being sent around already. But if the spacing on the video is correct that should work almost every time. Slowed him to final, prepped the 772 in position, tried peeling the arrival off the runway ASAP. He did everything right, sometimes shit doesn’t work out.

Now do this one:
Worked that JIA this morning. They quit Philly for good 😂

Back
Top Bottom