Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
the majority of BUEs want their 5/5 or 5/10 which is the primary driver to keeping trainees out of the building.
The majority of BUE’s
Wait, are we talking about ZDV here? I am confused. Aren't they the first Z back to normal schedules? Side note; I lived in Erie too! Good old county line liquors....
Yes, I live in Erie. Yes, that puts me at ZDV. I guess my Boomer style username and asshole personally gives it away.

Survey says.... ZDV is literally the farthest thing from a country club it gets. Everyone there hates their life. Can you confirm aaran34 ?

If I had a dollar for every White Book hire I have heard bitching about lost wages/seniority (those coming back from FLM jobs)/ lack of COLA/ etc... a sizable portion of dollars would be deposited in my bank account each hour, but that is beside the point. It is no longer 2006 but 2020 and the Union has done an excellent job of reminding people of that and the reality that we face an unprecedented crisis. The Union of Johnny "The Bull" Carr is no more and if it were at least most of the membership could respect it and its decisions based on principle, not those whose leaders flip flop at every political opportunity when it suits their needs or the needs of their "perceived" membership.

Now none of us are in a position to judge someone else's life or needs because to put it quite simply, we do not live their life. To hold someone to your supposed "bar" because of what you went through contributes directly to the toxicity experienced by a lot of trainees today. Shit rolls down hill as the saying goes and it is correct to a point but it does not have to be that way. You remind me of the "Old Guard" who would constantly talk down to anyone who certified on post 9/11 traffic because "It was not real traffic" or "the hub days."

Quite a few trainees and CPC-IT's are in this position due to factors outside of our control, whether it be due to staffing/training delays/management ineptness, etc... These all occurred during the Pre-COVID era which have snowballed into today. So before you tell someone to quit bitching keep in mind what we are experiencing is just the icing on the cake culmination of years and years of shit stacking... Eventually something will/has to give way.
075A296A-A362-44E4-8D5F-F9C757971F11.jpeg

the majority of BUEs want their 5/5 or 5/10 which is the primary driver to keeping trainees out of the building.
I have zero issues with trainees coming back. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m constantly pushing for trainees to train. There’s way too many delays in training and this current delay will surely hurt staffing. My issue is trainees shitting on NATCA and having a sense of entitlement. No, not every one of you but if you’re a trainee you haven’t earned anything yet. Delay or no delay.

Survey says.... ZDV is literally the farthest thing from a country club it gets. Everyone there hates their life. Can you confirm aaran34 ?
It’s an easy facility but not a country club. Yes, everyone hates the lives here, especially the trainees...

Screwing 25% of the BUEs is going to make for a hell of a solidarity union

Nah. Eventually you'll be back at work, and though you may hold a grudge, it'll be back of your mind. You'll get over it, life will move on, you'll still be union, and one day if you're lucky you'll be one of those CPCs making bank with 5/10 or 5/5.

If I had to bet, some of my colleagues are bemoaning me and the EA people who are at risk and have been home for 4 months. I suspect you'll be that type. (And no offense there, because I'm that type too).

I have zero issues with trainees coming back. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m constantly pushing for trainees to train. There’s way too many delays in training and this current delay will surely hurt staffing. My issue is trainees shitting on NATCA and having a sense of entitlement. No, not every one of you but if you’re a trainee you haven’t earned anything yet. Delay or no delay.

So if I'm a CPC-IT with 7 dues paying years in I don't get an opinion because I'm a trainee at this moment? Man that is some boomer ass shit.

I'm quickly approaching year 3 at my mid level up down and even without covid I'm a fucking year out from sniffing the seat of a radar position if I'm lucky, let alone certifying.

So tell me more about sucking it up big boss

Screwing 25% of the BUEs is going to make for a hell of a solidarity union
Screwing 25% of BUE’s? As in NATCA? Is there not a pandemic, epidemic, wu-flu? I mean, this situation wasn’t created to screw trainees out of their pay raises. Shit happens, this is gonna be tough and you’ll have to suck it up. You’re at a facility with a poorly run training department and lack of “solidarity” because there’s a culture of entitlement that places blame whenever shit doesn’t go their way.

It’s an easy facility but not a country club. Yes, everyone hates the lives here, especially the trainees...

that's a bad environment for old ppl. Come to Michigan where you can fish and collect welfare

So if I'm are a CPC-IT with 7 dues paying years in I don't get an opinion because I'm a trainee at this moment? Man that is some boomer ass shit.

I'm quickly approaching year 3 at my mid level up down and even without covid I'm a fucking year out from sniffing the seat of a radar position if I'm lucky, let alone certifying.

So tell me more about sucking it up big boss
I have to agree with the E-4 Mafia on this one. People are tired of putting life on hold (marriage, starting a family, buy a boat in a land locked state...) especially after a prolonged period of time only being told "suck it up" or "you are a trainee therefore you cannot have an opinion." Every single one of us from the moment we are dues paying members are entitled to an opinion. No one anointed one particular person to decree who should and should speak. This is the same type of Union bullying that needs to stop but seems to be encourage by our leadership.

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t mind trainees voicing their opinion online here. When you’re on the floor as a trainee there’s a certain way you should act but this isn’t the operation. That being said if you’re going to come here to vent then you should be able to handle someone calling you out without getting butthurt.

Yeah I don’t mind trainees voicing their opinion online here. When you’re on the floor as a trainee there’s a certain way you should act but this isn’t the operation. That being said if you’re going to come here to vent then you should be able to handle someone calling you out without getting butthurt.
No one here is debating behaviour in the operation, assuming we are talking about working a position here, but the Union culture of bullying needs to stop. I do not need anyone's permission to post my opinion/venting/ or issues here. Is it in my best interest to do so? Definitely not because I have pissed off a great number of people, but to me it is almost the very core of what is wrong with the Union. "Shut up and put up because you are beneath us." It does not take much to treat someone like a human being outside of an operational position.

I mean yes, a trainer says to do something when you are plugged in yes do it, I don't think anyone is arguing this.

But hell nah, I'm not gonna just shut my mouth and take abuse and disrespect because I showed up at a facility later than you. First day trainee or not, we are peers, and I have zero respect for people who act otherwise.

I mean yes, a trainer says to do something when you are plugged in yes do it, I don't think anyone is arguing this.

But hell nah, I'm not gonna just shut my mouth and take abuse and disrespect because I showed up at a facility later than you. First day trainee or not, we are peers, and I have zero respect for people who act otherwise.
Who said that you have to take abuse? I just meant like don’t kick your feet up on the desk and act like you own the place. This is exactly what I’m talking about. You guys are way too fucking sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom