Staffing Telcon

Uh when lots of us applied/got hired the ability to ERR was fairly easy. Sure you might have to wait a few years for a release date, but you could move. I *probably* wouldn't have accepted my current facility if I knew I'd be stuck here for life, but that wasn't the case when I did accept it. Also we didn't get a choice on what facility. When I applied you picked 2 states and hoped somewhere in those states needed someone.
You're not at a low level though so you poke holes in his BS.

Yea I applied under the same announcement and was told this is where your going, if you dont want it then reapply. I asked for some many transfer request before I was even fully hired I've lost count but I still decided to take the job. All you can do is play the game with the cards that are on the table. Yes it sucks but its our reality.

t the same time. If we had not implemented a process (which by the way in its one year is poised to move more people than the old one) then everybody would have continued to be held two years at all facilities and been leap frogged by Academy grads into the mid and high level facilities.

We continue to be jumped over by previous experience. As a previous military controller, I can tell you that military NEEDS to go to the academy, and be sent to lower levels just like everyone else. Not all previous experience is the same, which also means some of this "previous experience" is bullshit. I trust some cti people more than previous experience people. Especially since some of the previous experience think they are fucking gods at ATC.

Last edited:
Yea I was previously military also and I did every thing I could to be sent to a lower level. Told me I had no choice in the matter. Where are you trying to get to. Did you call or visit them?

Yea I was previously military also and I did every thing I could to be sent to a lower level. Told me I had no choice in the matter. Where are you trying to get to. Did you call or visit them?
My facility hasn't been able to release anyone, so I haven't been visiting anywhere. Plus I don't think it will do much good. I do have the best odds of getting out of my facility considering I have the most err's out, but not taking any chances. Applying to supervisor jobs as well. Extremely unhappy with where I'm at. It's depressing going in and working only a few planes a day, more than likely not at the same time even. I'm from eastern Iowa, so I've applied to all level 7's and above within about a 5 hour driving radius. As well as my hometown facility which is a 5. I'd gladly go to c90, but I'm only at a level 5, Which instantly means you suck at ATC apparently. The Faa needs to come up with a system for placing people from the academy. If you scored real well, then you can be offered decent facilities. By decent I mean up to a lvl 8 or 9. Barely pass, level 4 and 5 only.

My facility hasn't been able to release anyone, so I haven't been visiting anywhere. Plus I don't think it will do much good. I do have the best odds of getting out of my facility considering I have the most err's out, but not taking any chances. Applying to supervisor jobs as well. Extremely unhappy with where I'm at. It's depressing going in and working only a few planes a day, more than likely not at the same time even. I'm from eastern Iowa, so I've applied to all level 7's and above within about a 5 hour driving radius. As well as my hometown facility which is a 5. I'd gladly go to c90, but I'm only at a level 5, Which instantly means you suck at ATC apparently. The Faa needs to come up with a system for placing people from the academy. If you scored real well, then you can be offered decent facilities. By decent I mean up to a lvl 8 or 9. Barely pass, level 4 and 5 only.

The most intelligent post I have seen on here in awhile.

We continue to be jumped over by previous experience. As a previous military controller, I can tell you that military NEEDS to go to the academy, and be sent to lower levels just like everyone else. Not all previous experience is the same, which also means some of this "previous experience" is bullshit. I trust some cti people more than previous experience people. Especially since some of the previous experience think they are fucking gods at ATC.
I couldn't agree more! Especially because I keep seeing facilities I've put an ERR for get previous experience people.. I only have a handful of ERRs so it kills me every time :(

Back
Top Bottom