2nd Quarter 2017

It's a shame that this is what it's come to, but hell even being a CPC for awhile, I've seen the writing on the wall and have "laid claim" to as many facilities as I can. I could careless if they're 50, 100, etc on the priority list now because once my facility is eligible they could be top 10, who knows. I understand the frustration of current CPC's getting jumped by newly certified controllers that want to go to a facility most others wouldn't ever go (especially if the difference is only a few spots on the list), but as long as you get your paperwork in 1st, a newly certified CPC can't jump you to go to the same facility.

Agreed, but this is one of the huge flaws in the system. My desired facility has been in the top 30 in priority just about every month for the past year. Joe Smo, who just certified yesterday could bid to any place ahead of mine and go before me just to be first to go. It's such a load of crap.

Agreed, but this is one of the huge flaws in the system. My desired facility has been in the top 30 in priority just about every month for the past year. Joe Smo, who just certified yesterday could bid to any place ahead of mine and go before me just to be first to go. It's such a load of crap.
One of many huge flaws for sure. It's beyond painful to watch your dream facility be in the top 5 in a panel you're not eligible only to see it fall further and further down the list with each passing panel. I just keep praying NATCA will finally pull the escape clause in the SOP and remove it altogether... One can dream...

CPC less than a month and already trying to leave... How times have changed!

26k ops in 2016? I'm betting you'd try to leave ASAP too if you were there, haha. what a snoozefest

Also sorry if I missed it in this thread but when do they run the list to see which facilities are what category?

I've seen a more recent NCEPT priority list than the one posted on this site. I can't seem to find it on the KSN site though. Anyone know where to find it?

I've seen a more recent NCEPT priority list than the one posted on this site. I can't seem to find it on the KSN site though. Anyone know where to find it?
Should be on the bottom left part of the column KSN site once you get to it, says like NCEPT public or something but doesn't matter it's all gunna be changed and reordered in a few weeks before panel

there's not. it's probably an old version stored by your browser. try clearing your browser cache.

edit: I've been working on changing the cache time period. It's not really a bug, just something that's not optimal for certain resources.

edit 2: let me know if you see the jan 25 version yet.

Last edited:
Should be on the bottom left part of the column KSN site once you get to it, says like NCEPT public or something but doesn't matter it's all gunna be changed and reordered in a few weeks before panel

How much could it change from the estimated February NCEPT priority if the NCEPT board already knows who is coming or going from the last panel?

How much could it change from the estimated February NCEPT priority if the NCEPT board already knows who is coming or going from the last panel?

It changes a lot. My desired facility went from being about to select 13 and #25 or so on the priority list to #30-something and only able to select 2......In one month.

This ERR Mou is ridiculous. The only way this is going to change is voting out ALL of the current local and national NATCA officials. I've been a NATCA member for the last 16 years and spent that time at one facility. All of a sudden i'm told I can't transfer because the union decided this was best for me. There was no membership vote on this and it was decided by a few who screw a lot of people. I encourage every one in the union to vote your local and national reps out. Get new blood in there that won't make bone headed choices like this.

Unless my info is out of date (I won't claim to be an expert on the Slate Book) ERRs still drop after 15 months? So what happens if I just resubmit paperwork for the same facility but someone else submitted paperwork also to that same facility in the meantime? Does the panel now show that the other person has had paperwork in longer than me so they would go first?

Unless my info is out of date (I won't claim to be an expert on the Slate Book) ERRs still drop after 15 months? So what happens if I just resubmit paperwork for the same facility but someone else submitted paperwork also to that same facility in the meantime? Does the panel now show that the other person has had paperwork in longer than me so they would go first?
Yes

How positive are you on that? On the initial Telcon that question was asked and they said the person would still get credit for the total amount of time they had their ERR in.
1) That's what was said by LeBovidge
2) HR inputs the most recent request. If you have an active one, then submit a new one, the date of the new one takes its place. If one falls out, its not there anymore, and the resubmission would be the active date.

If they were going to give credit for the entire time, why even have it fall out in the first place.

1) That's what was said by LeBovidge
2) HR inputs the most recent request. If you have an active one, then submit a new one, the date of the new one takes its place. If one falls out, its not there anymore, and the resubmission would be the active date.

If they were going to give credit for the entire time, why even have it fall out in the first place.
I'll try to get a confirmation from a different source and post it here. That question on the Telcon has stuck with me the past 15 months or so just by how irate the guy was asking it. It was something along the lines of, "How does that work exactly? I could keep an ERR active to one facility for 8 years but because I renewed in February and someone puts in an ERR for the first time in January, they'd be ahead of me?!?" They quickly said they'd consider the total amount of time. Who knows, maybe they just said that to appease him.
I could certainly be wrong and I have no idea when the 15 month rule was instituted, but your point total changes each year, granted that's borderline irrelevant now...

Just got the confirmation. They take two dates. One is an original submission date and the other is an expiration date based upon when you renew.

Granted, if you let an ERR expire, your original submission date will change to when you reapply.

Last edited:
Just got the confirmation. They take two dates. One is an original submission date and the other is an expiration date based upon when you renew.

Granted, if you let an ERR expire, your original submission date will change to when you reapply.
Who did you ask? That's contrary to what we were told when we asked.

Why would ERR submission date even be relevant? This seems like an obvious area where they should just use seniority to break a tie. If losing and gaining facilities are identical.

Back
Top Bottom